Girl and the Goat is a fun and funky place with excellent food, impressive drinks, modern décor and very accommodating staff. This restaurant is owned and operated by Stephanie Izard, who happens to be the winner of Top Chef Season 4. She and her partners opened Girl and the Goat in 2010 focusing on Mediterranean flavors and local ingredients.
The menu at Girl and the Goat is divided into three categories: vegetables, fish and meat. The chef is able to balance flavors and texture making each meal a delightful experience. Crossover orders are also accepted so guests can get a little taste of everything. Baked bread is also available daily.
Here are a few samples from the Girl and the Goat menu:
- Warm Marinated Olives
- Pan Fried Shishito Peppers, parmesan, sesame and piso
- Roasted beets, green bean, white anchovy and avocado crème fraiche
- Grilled Spepia, hazelnut-parsnip puree, smoked tomato and bonito
- Sautéed prawns, peanut-pork ragout and spaghetti squash
- Escargot ravioli, bacon and tamarind-miso sauce
- Pan fried duck tongues, shitake mushroom, pickled watermelon rind, chili oil and coriander
- Goat chorizo flatbread, ajvar, peppers, green tomato, apricot, fresh ricotta
- Skewered lamb heart, spiced figs, charred tomatoes
- Raw fanny bay, radish mignonette, tarragon
- Fried stingray, egg salad, capers
- Grilled chef creek, soy cucumber mignonette
- Goat carpaccio, tongue-olive vinaigrette, smoked roe
- Smoked goat rilette empanadas, tuna aioli, celery, tomato salad
- Goat liver mousse, peach mostarda, com relish, crumpets
- Tortone, sweet onion butter, herb oil
- Chocolate bouchon
- Pork fat doughnuts
- Goat cheese bavarois
The Girl and the Goat’s menu changes depending on the season and availability of ingredients.
This funky restaurant also blends its own wine – and they are very tasty. For beer drinkers, they have tap beers from Three Flyod’s and others. Stephanie even crafts her own beers.
The Girl and the Goat is easy to find as it is right in the middle of West Loop. Guests can choose between standard table seating, comfortable lounge and four seats near the kitchen.
Although they accept walk-in guests, it is recommended that guests call in for reservations ahead of time.
Girl and the Goat
Hours of Operations
Sunday to Thursday: 4:30pm to 11pm
Friday to Saturday: 4:30pm to 12mn