Located in Dupont Circle, Hotel Palomar Washington DC is a hip boutique hotel that puts a refreshing and fun twist to hospitality – from its “Art In Motion” theme, hosted evening wine reception with Wii tennis tournaments thrown in, spacious rooms, animal-print bathrobes and Garfield Pez dispensers in the minibars – business and leisure travelers alike will truly find a relaxing and pleasurable stay here.
For a fair price, guests receive the top-notch service characteristic of the Kimpton chain of hotels. Hotel Palomar offers more for families than are usually found at small-scale boutique hotels. It is also one of the most pet-friendly in the hospitality business, providing a host of free perks to pet owners.
Hotel Palomar in Washington, DC offers guests 335 well-appointed guestrooms and suites in rich colors and textures and decorated with gorgeous works of art. With rooms measuring 520 square feet on average, the hotel indeed provides guests with more ample room to relax.
Careful thought and consideration has been put into furnishing each room to ensure maximum comfort and ease for guests. The following amenities are standard to every room:
- Complimentary in-room wireless high-speed Internet access for Kimpton InTouch members
- Multi-line, cordless phones with voicemail and speakerphone
- LG™ 37″ flat screen television
- Fully stocked mini bar
- Oversized elliptical desk
- In-room laptop safe fits laptop up to 17″
- “Mind.Body.Spa.” in-room exercise programs for Yoga, Pilates and core-strengthening
- In Room Spa Services
- iHome docking station
- DVD/CD player and a collection of films available
- Complimentary New York Times delivered daily
- Coffeemaker with complimentary gourmet coffee, delivered upon request
- Spa-inspired bathrooms with plush robes and luxurious bath amenities
Deluxe King and Queen Rooms feature a king or queen bed.
Executive King and Executive Queen/Queen Rooms feature one king or two queen beds, a sitting area with couch and/or chaise lounge.
Spa Kings feature one king bed, a sitting area with couch and/or chaise lounge.
Motion Rooms feature personal fitness equipment and an oversized spa-inspired soaking tub. Guests can take advantage of the hotel’s Spin, Cardio & Core Training, and Yoga Rooms.
King Spa Suite features two bedrooms and a Fuji soaking tub for two.
Presidential Suite features two bedrooms, a separate living area, a sumptuous bathroom and luxury amenities.
Hotel Palomar Washington DC provides the best amenities that are expected of a four-star hotel, and more:
- Kimpton Hotels Women InTouch program
- Pet-friendly packages to welcome four-legged friends
- It’s Reigning Cats and Dogs pet-loyalty program
- Complimentary morning coffee and tea in the living room lobby
- 24-hour Fitness Center
- Business Center
- Outdoor swimming pool (seasonal)
- Pay valet parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry services
- 24-Hour room service
- Shoe shine
- Video library
- Complimentary cribs or playards available upon request (request should be made at the time of reservation)
- High chairs and booster seats in restaurant and can be delivered to guest room upon request
- In-room child safety kits
- Special KimptonKids welcome gift
- List of kid-friendly activities in the area
- Child-size animal-print bathrobes
- Accredited babysitting services
- Rentals of additional items such as strollers, etc.
- EarthCare (Eco Program)
Hotel Palomar offers an exclusive dining option right next-door. Urbana has quickly become the food lovers’ favorite hangout, serving up inventive and flavorful cuisine – whether Italian, Spanish, French, grilled seafood or meat is what you fancy, there’s definitely something here to satisfy your appetite. Urbana also features an extensive wine list and innovative cocktails to round out your meal. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Hotel Palomar is literally just steps away from the important attractions in Washington, DC. Guests of Hotel Palomar enjoy the added bonus of its location in Dupont Circle, which is an exhilarating mix of arts, landmarks, history and entertainment: such as Embassy Row, international restaurants, coffee shops, specialty stores, movie theaters, private art galleries and bookstores. The full-service concierge staff onsite are always ready to lend a helping hand as guests plan their vacation – often going the extra mile – by making reservations, purchasing tickets and providing directions to tourist destinations.
Museums and Sites
- The White House
- The U.S. Capital
- The Pentagon
- Library of Congress
- Smithsonian Institution
- The Phillips Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- National Museum of American History
- United States National Holocaust Museum
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Frederick Douglass National Historic Site
- Ford’s Theatre National Historic Site
- National Museum of Natural History
- Freer Gallery of Art
- National Museum of African Art
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- National Postal Museum
- National Zoological Park
- Washington Sports Club
- LA Sports Club
- Results Gym
Theaters and Music Venues
- Ford’s Theatre
- The Shakespeare Theatre
- The Studio Theatre
- The Warner Theatre
- Woolly Mammoth Theatre
- The National Theatre
- Histrio, a French Theatre
- Arena Stage
- Opera Music Theatre International
- Momentum Dance Theatre
- The Washington Ballet
- National Cherry Blossom Heading
- Anacostia National Park
- Battleground National Cemetery
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal
- Constitution Gardens
- Fort Dupont Park
- Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens
- National Capital Park-Central
- Old Post Office Tower
- Peirce Mill
- Pennsylvania Avenue National Historic Site
- Rock Creek Park
- Sewall-Belmont House National Historic Site
- The Old Stone House
It is not surprising that Hotel Palomar Washington DC has been recognized as one of the Top 10 Luxury Hotels in the US by Tripadvisor Traveler’s Choice for 2011. Include Hotel Palomar in your plans for your next trip to the nation’s capital and experience Washington DC like you never have before.
Hotel Palomar Washington DC
a Kimpton Hotel
2121 P Street, NW
Telephone: (202) 448-1800
Reservations: (877) 866-3070
Fax: (202) 448-1801