- Arenal Volcano: sky tram and sky trek tour/ Canopy tour/ Nocturnal Hike/ Arenal Volcano Hike/ Hot Spring Water Tour/ Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge/ Waterfalls Rappelling/ Celeste River Hiking Tour/ Biking Tour/Horseback Riding/ Arenal Hanging Bridges.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest:Sky Walk Tour/ Canopy Tour/ National Wildlife Refuge/ Coffee Tour/ ATV tour.
- Sarapiqui Tours: Chocolate Tours/ Canopy tour/ Bat Night Tour/ Night Walk Tour/ Pineapple Tour/ White Water Rafting/ Horseback Riding.
- Poás Volcano: Rain Forest Canopy/ La Paz Waterfalls Gardens/ Poas Volcano Tour.
- Irazú Volcano: Coffee Tour/ Guayabo Archaeological Side/ San Gerardo de Dota Tours, San José City Tours.
- Dominical, Golfo Dulce and Corcovado Tours: Whale and dolphin Tours/ Kayaking Tours/ Wild Waterfalls/ Scuba Diving Tour/ Horseback Riding.
- Cahuita, Puerto Viejo: Biking Tour Trough a Caribbean Village/ Snorkeling/ Canopy Tour/ Gandoca-Manzanillo Lagoon Hike-boat/ Tropical bird Waching Tour/ Tortuguero National Park/ Canopy Tour.
- and Tortuguero Tours.
- Flamingo Beach, Liberia city, Malpais/ Santa Teresa Beach, Montezuma Beach, Nosara/Samara Beach, Golfo de Papagayo, Tamarindo Beach, Rincon de la Vieja Natinal Park, Playa Grande Beach and Tambor Beach. Diving at Tortuga Island/ Curú Wildlife Reserve/ Montezuma Waterfall Canopy/ ATV Guided Adventure/ Biking Tour/ Hiking Tour.
- Esterillos Beach, Jacó Beach and Manuel Antonio National Park: Butterfly Botanical Garden/ Calypso Catamaran Cruiser to Tortuga Island/ Manuel Antonio National Park/ Snorkeling Adventure/ Rafting/ Rain Forest Aerial Tram/ Damas Island Estuary Kayaking Tour/ Canopy Tour.
- Agrocultural Tour/ Dairy Farm
- ATV Tours
- Bird watching
- Bungee Jumping
- Butterfly and Frogs Garden
- Canopy tour (zip line), Tarzan swing adventure and Rappel
- Canoe tours/ Fishing Tours
- Caves Tour
- Coffee Tour
- Guayabo National Monument/ Archaeological Tour
- Hanging Bridges
- Horseback riding
- Hot Springs Water/ Waterfalls
- Hiking into the beaches, Mountain, National Parks and Volcanoes
- Biking Tours
- Scuba Diving Tour
- Stand up paddle
- Sustainable Safari by Raft/ by Kayak
- Tree Frogs and The Jungle Night Walk
- White Water Rafting
Costa Rica is a country in Central America, with a population of 4,576,562* (July 2011 estimate) and an area of 19,653 square miles – only about 0.25% of the world’s landmass. Yet for its size, Costa Rica impressively contains 5% of the world’s biodiversity.**
Due to this fact, ecotourism has become one of the prime industries contributing to Costa Rica’s economy, drawing millions of visitors from around the globe each year, making it the most visited country in the Central American region. Tourists are lured by Costa Rica’s extensive national parks and protected areas around the country, to see its flora and fauna, such as are not seen anywhere else in the world. The country boasts of nearly 1000 species of trees, 9000 recorded species of plants, including 1500 species of orchids. Nearly 900 species of birds fly over the country’s rainforests: 50 species of hummingbirds, 15 parrots (including the exotic scarlet macaw), 6 toucan species, 45 tanagers, 29 antbirds and quetzals among others. Various monkey species, sloths, agoutis, coatis, peccaries or wild pigs, kinkajous, bats, jaguars and tapirs have been recorded in Costa Rica, as well as over 2,000 species of butterflies, including the breathtaking huge morpho, an electric blue butterfly. Costa Rica is also home to approximately 150 species of amphibians and over 200 species of reptiles.
One company that has been founded to promote and engage in tourism in the country is Tours in Costa Rica by Gerardo Morales. Born on the 2nd of January 1985 in Cervantes of Cartago, Costa Rica, Gerardo grew up surrounded by amazing scenery and a friendly environment. Cervantes is bordered by such awe-inspiring sights as the massive Irazú Volcano, the second highest peak in Costa Rica at 3432 meters; Turrialba Volcano, one of the most active Volcanoes in the country is at 3340 meters; the Talamanca Mountain Ridge which includes the Chirripo Mountain which is the highest peak in Costa Rica with an altitude of 3820 meters; a small lake that generates hydroelectricity; and agricultural plantations. Cervantes, made famous by such foods as the Cheese Tortilla and jalapeňos, to Gerardo, is paradise.
The desire to teach tourists and locals alike about Costa Rica’s natural resources and the best way to enjoy them, together with learning how to protect the heritage for future generations led Gerardo to decide to become a private driver and provide eco tours in Costa Rica. He enjoys the unending process of learning and understanding for himself, and showing and teaching others, the various methods and tips to make Costa Rica the best place to live in.
He has been working in the industry as a fully licensed tour guide for the past 5 ½ years, 4 of which he spent with a big tourism company in the country. 18 months ago, he realized that he had the necessary skills and knowledge to begin his own business in tourism, which will enable him to provide better service at a lesser cost for tourists. Thus, Tours in Costa Rica by Gerardo Morales was born. Gerardo pours his enthusiasm and love for his native country in his company and his job as a tour guide. He has a great passion for showing tourists the beauty of the country’s natural wonders, as well as the peace, security and quiet that it has to offer – all great gifts that he knows people need to break away from the monotony or busyness of life. Costa Rica, as Gerardo can attest, has something to offer for everyone – world-class white water rafting and sun-drenched beaches – even active volcanoes. Visitors may have a bit of difficulty trying to decide which tour would best suit their needs, and this is where Gerardo’s expertise becomes valuable. Knowing the country like the back of his hand, he can recommend expeditions around the country for all types of travelers.
That said, his favorite place to take sightseers is La Fortuna, San Carlos, with the Arenal Volcano standing guard over the surrounding vista. It has been the most active volcano until 2010; however, volcanic activity has seemingly decreased and explosions have become infrequent since. The 1,633 meter high volcano can be seen from La Fortuna, Alajuela which is the closest town to Arenal Volcano. Aside from the breathtaking sight afforded by the towering volcano, Gerardo enjoys taking tourists to the area due to the huge amount of opportunities for tourists to steep themselves in adventure and nature. These locations include Arenal Lake which is a popular spot for wind surfing, fishing and boating; natural hot springs where travelers can swim, relax and soothe their aching muscles; the Venado Caves where visitors can crawl, wade and climb through the dark and sometimes narrow 1.5 mile cave system; and the Caňo Negro Wildlife Refuge, a birdwatcher’s paradise, is home to a profusion of waterfowl that includes the endangered jabiru stork.
Aside from these, there are many things to do in Arenal, Costa Rica, such as rappelling, rafting, ATV tours, hiking, stand up paddling, wind surfing, horseback riding, which is why Gerardo believes people shouldn’t miss visiting it while in Costa Rica.
Gerardo states that he created his company in order to help travelers who are not confident with driving in a foreign country due to lack of good roads and proper road signaling and to eliminate the overall stress related to driving. He believes that hiring a private driver and tour guide such as him is the most cost-effective and relaxing way to enhance a visitor’s stay in Costa Rica; his knowledge of the Costa Rican landscape ensures that tourists are brought to their desired tourist spot without the worry of getting lost.
Gerardo’s past clients provide glowing recommendations as to his expertise on the many destinations in Costa Rica; not only are they provided with his extensive knowledge of the country, his clients experience the paradisiacal environs in a safe and luxurious transportation. Gerardo makes sure customers are picked up straight from the hotel or airport (or any other place of origin in Costa Rica) and taken directly to their first destination of choice. Gerardo Morales’ Fully Escorted Tours include the most popular ecotourism destination in Costa Rica.
Gerardo provides clients with the freedom and pleasure of a fully-customizable trip to fit their tastes. Additionally, Gerardo is also a great source of quality hotel recommendations for you and your family. Below are rates for the private shuttle service from San Jose provided by Gerardo Morales:
Private Shuttle Services from San José.
|From San José to:||Rates are to 2- 4 passengers in a private shuttle (full day).||Up 4 passengers in a private shuttle (full day).|
|Aerial Tram||$180.00||$45.00 per person.|
|Arenal & Fortuna||$200.00||$50.00 per person|
|Monteverde||$220.00||$55.00 per person|
|El Sapo Dorado|
|Monteverde National Park|
|Caribbean||$220.00||$55.00 per person|
|Pacific Coast||$220.00||$55.00 per person|
|Puntarenas / Caldera|
|San Isidro del General|
|Uvita de Osa|
|Coronado de Osa|
|Guanacaste||$240.00||$60.00 per person|
|Rincon de la Vieja|
|Samara / Carrillo
You can contact Tours in Costa Rica by Gerardo Morales for more information and inquiries at:
Telephone: (506) 86206894
Tour Guide License: 3-04080247