Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
Canadian citizens are required to secure a visa before traveling to the Democratic Republic of Congo.
General requirements for visa:
- Canadian passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity
- Three passport-type photographs
- Copy of Permanent Resident Card or other proof of legal status in Canada (study permit, work permit)
- Copy of itinerary or round trip tickets
- Copy of International Yellow Fever Certificate of Vaccination
- Copy of a recent bank statement showing proof of sufficient funds
- Copy of confirmed hotel reservations
- For business visa: A business letter from your employer on your company letterhead, stating contact details, professional duties including purpose and duration of the trip, proof of granted leave of absence
- For students: Submit an official letter from your school stating your course of study and indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester
- If retired: Submit a personal letter stating your employment history
- An invitation letter addressed to the Embassy of Congo Democratic Republic and approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Congo Democratic Republic. Written by an individual who knows you personally acting as a character reference, this letter should state the writer’s relationship to you, how long they have known you, a general statement about your character, and the writer’s contact information.
Information gathered here are subject to change; Canadian passport traveling to the Republic of Congo are encouraged to obtain consular assistance and further consular information at the following address:
Embassy of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
18 Range Road
Telephone: (613) 230-6391, 6582 / 255-3091 (24H)
Fax: (613) 230-1945