A Canadian citizen must apply for a Ghana visa prior to travel. To do so, they must have the following requirements ready:
- Application form (in quadruplicate) , accurately and thoroughly filled out in CAPITALS
- Four recent passport-sized photographs
- Certificate of vaccination for yellow fever
- Return ticket
- Invitation letter or letter from firm guaranteeing stay in Ghana, and the reason/s for visit. Two references are required. (when traveling on business)
- A confirmed booking of the hotel accommodation (when applying for a tourist visa)
If applying for a visa via mail, make sure that all documents are enclosed. It will not be accepted unless all required documents are in the package. A self-addressed stamped envelope, priority courier or pre-paid envelope should be provided for by the applicant for return mail.
The fee for single entry visa is $65, while multiple entry is $150. Payments should be made by postal money order or bank draft to Ghana High Commission, Ottawa. Single entry visas are valid for three months from the date of issue, and you may stay in the country for up to 60 days.
Should you have any further questions regarding visa application, please contact the embassy:
High Commission for the Republic of Ghana
29 Beechwood Avenue, 2nd Floor
Telephone: (613) 236-0871 – 0873