A visa and a valid Canadian passport are required for Canadians intending to visit the Kyrgyz Republic. Canadians must be in possession of a passport valid for at least three months beyond the validity of their visa. Visitors who plan to stay in the Kyrgyz Republic for more than one month are required to present a letter of invitation. Canadians must register their passports with the Office of Visas and Registration within three business days after their arrival into the Kyrgyz Republic. One-month visas can be obtained on arrival, but it is recommended that visas be organized prior to arrival.
General Visa Application Documents Required for a Visa:
- Completed visa application form (Please type and provide answers to all questions)
- One (1) passport size color or black/white photo which should be stapled to the marked space in the upper right hand corner of the application form
- A valid Canadian passport (a photocopy will not be accepted) which should have at least one clear page for a visa. Your passport must be valid for at least 90 days longer than the validity of the requested visa.
- A stamped or prepaid self-addressed mail envelope
- Invitation Letter or Visa Support Letter obtained from the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic in Bishkek
Information gathered here are subject to change without prior notice. CA passport holders traveling to Kyrgyzstan are advised to contact the Kyrgyz Republic Embassy prior to visit for further consular assistance and confirmation:
Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic to the USA and Canada
2360 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Telephone: (202) 449-9822 / 449-9823
Fax: (202) 386-7550
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org