United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
Canadian passport holders need to get a visa before they travel to the Republic of Liberia. Although there are cases when travelers to Liberia are sometimes given 48 hour entry permits to the country. If they want to extend their stay, they can apply for a three month permit at the Liberia Central Bureau of Immigration on Broad Street in Monrovia. They will be asked to pay US$100.00 for the extension.
If a Canadian passport holder wants to get a visa before going to Liberia, he or she can apply for one at the Embassy of the Republic of Liberia in Washington DC. Their passport must be valid for more than six months of their planned date of travel to Liberia. They can send their application by registered mail or courier but they must include a prepaid self-addressed envelope with their application.
Travelers are generally advised not to go around Monrovia at night since there have been numerous cases of crimes. People should not travel alone and go to areas outside of Monrovia. They should also carry valid IDs with photographs or authorized copies of their passports.
Travelers are required to pay a departure tax at the airport amounting to US$25.00 when leaving Liberia.
Requirements for Visa Application:
- Fully accomplished and signed visa application form
- Canadian passport (valid for at least 6 months)
- 2 passport-sized photo
- taken within last 6 months
- full face, no sunglasses or hats
- white background – Proof of travel or copy of airline tickets
- Copy of certificates for yellow fever and cholera immunization
- Prepaid self-addressed envelope (USPS Express Mail / FedEx / UPS)
- Paid visa application fees:
- Standard (5 working days processing) – Single entry (1-3 months) US$70.00, Multiple entry (1 year) US$150.00, Multiple entry (2 years) US$250.00
- Overnight visa processing service – Single entry (1-3 months) US$120.00, Multiple entry (1 year) US$200.00, Multiple entry (2 years) US$300.00
- Rush same day processing (for walk-in applicants only) – Single entry (1-3 months) US$145.00, Multiple entry (1 year) US$225.00, Multiple entry (2 years) US$325.00
- Please submit applications with complete requirements and documents so as to prevent any delays
- All fees can only be paid in US dollars through money order, cashier cheque or bank draft. These should be made payable to the Embassy of Liberia. Cash and personal cheques will not be accepted.
- Paid application fees are non-refundable.
- For any inquiries and clarifications about travelling to Liberia, and for submission of visa applications:
Embassy of The Republic of Liberia in Washington DC