Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
A country or territory normally has particular requirements for a traveler or individual to be allowed to enter or stay in their country. The Marshall Islands, or Republic of Marshall Islands (RMI), requires visitors from other countries to have a visa to be allowed into their territory and stay there for a specified number of days. Exempted from this are citizens from Australia, New Zealand, Palau, United States and United Kingdom. People from European Union member countries, Federated States of Micronesia and Pacific Islands Forum countries also do not need a visa when going to the Marshall Islands.
A Canadian passport holder will need a visa when traveling to the Marshall Islands. They will also need a Canadian passport with a validity of not less than six months after their travel to the Marshall Islands. They can get a visa when they arrive at the Marshall Islands or they can apply for one before they travel there. However, Canadian passport holders are advised to secure a visa before traveling to the Marshall Islands in order to avoid any problems. They can apply for a visa beforehand by getting in touch with the Marshall Islands Office of the Attorney General. A typical visa is good for a 30-day stay, but this can be extended for up to 90 days when they are already in the Marshall Islands.
- Valid Canadian passport (with 6 months validity after departure from RMI)
- Round trip airline or boat tickets
- Proof of sufficient financial means while in the RMI
- Certificate for HIV testing (visitors staying for more than 30 days)
- Visa application fees:
- Tourist visa (3 months) – US$25.00
- Business visa – US$50.00
- Travelers are advised to get vaccinations for Hepatitis A and B, typhoid fever and other customary immunizations before travelling to the Marshall Islands.
- Visitors who are leaving the RMI are required to pay a US$20.00 departure fee. People over the age of 60 do not need to pay the required amount.
- For visa applications before travelling to the Marshall Islands:
Office of the Attorney General of the RMI
PO Box 890
Majuro, Marshall Islands 96960
Telephone: (692) 625-3244 / 8245
Fax: (692) 625-5218
- For any updates and additional information about travelling to the Marshall Islands, inquiries may be directed to the following:
Marshall Islands Visitors Authority (MIVA)
PO Box 5, MH96960
Telephone: (+692) 6256482
Fax: (+692) 625 6771
Embassy of the Republic of the Marshall Islands
2433 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20008
Telephone: (202) 234-5414
Fax: (202) 232-3236