Canadian citizens are required to obtain a visa before traveling to Mauritania. Certification of immunization against cholera and yellow fever may also be required for entry.
- Valid Canadian passport.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- Copy of round-trip or onward airline ticket.
- Documentation providing details on the purpose of travel to Mauritania: Letter of invitation from government, enterprises or associations that can be referred to by Mauritanian authorities.
- Evidence of sufficient funds. This must be equivalent to less than CAD1,500 per month.
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Prepaid self-addressed return envelope.
- Visa processing fee, non-refundable.
Visa Processing Fee:
- Transit visa: US$75
- Visa valid for 3 months: US$100
- Visa valid for 3 to 6 months: US$150
Canadians who wish to obtain more information about immigration requirements for Mauritania may contact:
Permanent Mission of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania to the United Nations
116 East 38th Street
New York, NY
Telephone: (212) 252-0113 / 0141
Fax: (212) 252-0175