Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
A valid Canadian passport is required for Canadians intending to visit Mongolia. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of entry. Travelers arriving in or departing from Mongolia through China should also be aware of proper Chinese visa regulations.
If staying for more than 30 days, Canadian passport holders must register with the Office of Immigration, Naturalization, and Foreign Citizens within one week upon arrival.
General Requirements for tourist or business visa of 30 days or less
- A Canadian passport that has at least 6 months validity on the date of entry to Mongolia
- Completed visa application form with one passport size photo
- Reference letter from your company/ organization / counterpart in Mongolia. The letter can be:
- An invitation of the receiving entity ( government, non-governmental organization, business entity) or an official request from the sending organization or company;
- For tourists, a letter of invitation from a travel agency;
- A personal invitation from a citizen of Mongolia, approved by the Civil Registration and Information Center of Mongolia, and applicant’s written statement identifying his/her financial credibility to cover his/her stay in Mongolia
- For those passing through Mongolia by transit, onward ticket and visa for next destination are required.
- Self-addressed and pre-paid return envelope of your preferred courier if you are sending your visa application by mail.
- Payments in certified check or money order payable to the Embassy of Mongolia in Ottawa. Cash is not accepted.
- Visas are valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. The duration of your stay in the country starts from the entry date to Mongolia.
- Visa for more than 30 days /multi entry-exit/ entry will be issued with a permit from the Office of Naturalization and Immigration Services of Mongolia and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Mongolia.
- Those who will stay in Mongolia over 31 days are required to be registered at the Office of Naturalization and Immigration Services within 7 days upon arrival. Please contact the persons/organizations who invited you to Mongolia on this matter.
- Visas are processed within 5-7 working days. Emergency visas can be processed within 24 hours for additional fee
Information gathered here are subject to change without prior notice. Canadian passport holders traveling to Mongolia are advised to contact the Embassy of Mongolia for further consular assistance and confirmation.
Embassy of Mongolia