Canadians must be in possession of a visa before traveling to Nigeria, as well as a passport with remaining validity of at least 6 months beyond the date of expected departure from the country.
General Requirements: Visitor/Business/Tourism/Transit Visas:
- Fully accomplished, printed and duly signed online visa application form.
- 1 recent colored passport-size photo on white background. Applicants are requested to write their names at the back with stamped date.
- Confirmation of online payment (printed).
- Non-refundable administrative fee of CAD20.00. This should be paid by money order made payable to the Nigeria High Commission, Ottawa.
- Additional fee of CAD82.00 for applications for multiple entry visa which is valid for 6 months.
- Original passport, must be valid for at least 6 months.
- Photocopy of return/flight itinerary. Please do not send airline tickets.
- Proof of confirmed hotel reservation or other accommodation arrangements in Nigeria with proof of identity of the hotel manager.
- Photocopy of vaccination against yellow fever. Please do not send original yellow card.
- Self-addressed return Canada Priority Post Envelope only. No other courier service is accepted at this time.
- For non-Canadian passport holders: Photocopies of immigration status in Canada, showing Residence and Work Permit.
- For visitors and tourists: Proof of sufficient funds to cover the cost of stay in Nigeria.
- For transit visa applicants: Evidence of confirmed onward flights and visa for country of final destination.
- For business/visitors’ visa applicants:
- Letter of Invitation indicating nature of business or purpose of visit and duration of stay. Photocopy of certified certificate of registration of the Nigerian company with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) to be attached to the letter.
- Letter of introduction of sponsoring company or agency or confirmation of employment from the employer in Canada.
- For minors:
- Notarized letter of consent from both parents.
- Photocopy of passports of both parents.
- Birth certificate of the child which shows the name of both parents.
- Other documents may be required at the discretion of the Visa Section of the Nigerian Embassy.
- Processing period takes a maximum of 7 working days.
- Visa fees should be paid by money order, made payable to Nigeria High Commission, Ottawa. All fees are non-refundable.
These requirements are subject to change without prior notice. Canadians are advised to obtain the most current visa requirements by contacting:
High Commission for the Federal Republic of Nigeria
295 Metcalfe Street
Telephone: (613) 236-0521 / 2 / 3 / 236-0521 ext. 240 (24 Hours)
Fax: (613) 236-0259