Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
A valid Canadian passport is required for Canadians intending to visit Saudi Arabia. Canadian passports should be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected exit from the country. Canadian citizens visiting Saudi Arabia for whatever the purpose must also be in possession of a visa obtained at one of the agencies authorized by the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Ottawa or the nearest embassy or consulate of Saudi Arabia if residing in a foreign country, prior to travel. Those overstaying the duration of their visa should expect heavy penalties. It is illegal to be in possession of two passports; if found, the second passport will be retained by Saudi authorities.
Visa applications must be sponsored by a Saudi citizen, company, or organization. Upon arrival, it is a requirement for foreign residents to surrender their passports to their sponsor and obtain a residency card (iqama).
Women should be aware that they have to be met by their sponsors upon arrival. Failure to do so could result in long delays or denial of entry. To leave the country, they should seek their sponsor’s as well as their husband’s permission.
Passports must be valid for at least six (6) months
Provide photocopies of everything you send or bring in with your Visa Application
Medical Reports (when required) must be stamped in your local residence or application area by the local Health Department; and also the Doctors medical ID number must be included.
Photograph with light blue back ground. Dimensions: 4 cm x 6 cm
Saudi Arabia Family Visit Visa Requirements
The sponsor in Saudi Arabia must apply for a visa authorization through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Once the request is granted, the Ministry of foreign Affairs will send the authorization directly to the Consulate. Your sponsor must provide you with the Visa Slip.
- A Copy of visa slip
- Visa application form (Typed out or block letter written ) & two recent passport size photographs (must write name on back).
- A valid passport for at least six months from the application date and must have the place of birth and two empty pages side by side(Original & one copy).
- Proof of relationship to the sponsor (notarized Copy of a marriage certificate for a wife, notarized copy of a birth certificate for a child indicating name of parents).
- Non-Canadian applicants must submit a valid residency permit (permanent resident card). (Send only copy of front and back of the PR card)
- Copy of POLIO immunization record for children under the age of 15
- Copy of Residency permit of the sponsor (IQAMA) and a Letter from the sponsor indicating the authorization number, the date and the names of applicants.
- A notarized letter of permission from the absent parent is required If one parent is travelling alone with minor children
- A copy of confirmed reservations must be presented along with the application (itinerary)
- Visa validity starts from date of issue and period of stay from the date you enter Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia Transit Visa Requirements
- A completed visa application form
- One (1) photograph
- Valid Machine Readable passport
- A confirmed ticket reserved in and out of Saudi Arabia for at most 72 hours.
- A valid visa for the next destination
- Vaccination Card Form Approved Medical Centre
Saudi Arabia business visit visa requirements
- A completed visa application form
- A valid passport and one photograph
- An original cover letter from a registered company or firm based in Canada indicating the name of the Saudi Arabian company, the nature of the applicant’s visit, length of stay and financial responsibility. The letter must bear the company’s stamp or seal.
- An application from the sponsor in the Kingdom on the applicant’s behalf to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or an original letter of invitation from the company in Saudi Arabia. This letter must be signed and sealed by the company and stamped by the Saudi Chamber of Commerce. For businesswomen, the invitation must come from the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Experience certificate from Pakistani Chamber of Commerce and visa request letter
- All English letter/ Pages should be translated and attested from foreign office.
Information gathered here are subject to change without prior notice. Canadian passport holders traveling to Saudi Arabia are encouraged to contact the Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for consular consultation and further information and confirmation:
Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia
201 Sussex Dr.
Telephone: (613) 237-4100
Fax: (613) 237-0567