Canadians must obtain visas from the Embassy of the Syrian Arab Republic or one of its consulates before departing from Canada, as these cannot be issued at Syrian ports of entry.
All visitors to Syria who are planning to stay for more than 14 days are required to register with the Syrian Immigration and Passport Office before their 15th day in the territory. This requirement is applicable each time a foreigner enters Syria, whether they have a multiple or single entry visa.
Canadians are advised that should their passports bear Israeli visas or entry and exit stamps, they will be refused entry into Syria. Canadian citizens experiencing problems while traveling in the Middle East are advised to contact the nearest Canadian government office or Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada in Ottawa for assistance.
Those arriving in Syria from yellow fever-infected areas are required to present proof of immunization against the disease. Those wishing to obtain a residence permit in Syria, or wishing to marry Syrian nationals are required to undergo HIV/AIDS testing.
- Canadian passport with validity of at least 6 months.
- 2 fully accomplished and duly signed visa application forms. Applicants should indicate their complete address and telephone number.
- 2 passport size photographs.
- If applying by mail: Prepaid, self-addressed return envelope, applicant’s courier account number or any prepaid courier.
- For dependent children: Written approval from both parents must be enclosed.
- Non-refundable visa fee.
- Please ensure that all questions on the application form are properly answered.
- The Embassy will not be held responsible for any lost document sent by regular mail.
Visa Processing Fee:
Fees must be paid by money order made payable to the Embassy of Syria, Ottawa.
For Canadian citizens:
- $73 (single entry valid for up to 3 months)
- $141 (multiple entry valid for up to 6 months)
Non-Canadian citizens should contact the Embassy for more information on applicable fees.
The information gathered here are subject to change without prior notice. It is the Canadian traveler’s responsibility to confirm visa and entry requirements to Syria well in advance of planned travel.
266, 1919B 4th Street West
Telephone: (403) 681-0579
235 Cote-Vertu Street
7370 Bramalea Road, Suite 14
Telephone: (905) 564-0955
Fax: (905) 564-6302
1040 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Telephone: (604) 569-2667
Fax: (604) 682-3161