United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
Canadians are allowed to visit Taiwan for touristic and business purposes without visas, for stays of up to 30 days, under the visa waiver program. The visa exempt-entry is only valid for 30-day stays and is non-extendable.
Travelers intending to stay in Taiwan for more than the 30-day allowable stay should apply for visas before leaving Canada.
General Requirements – Visitor Visa:
- Canadian passport with remaining validity of at least 6 months past the date of departure from Taiwan.
- For those with Canadian landed immigrant or employment authorization status: Original official record.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form. The applicant’s telephone or fax number should be clearly indicated.
- 2 colored passport-size photographs on white background. Should have been taken within the last 6 months.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover applicant’s stay in Taiwan.
- Photocopy of airline tickets or travel itinerary issued by a travel agent. The dates of arrival and departure should be clearly indicated.
- Non-refundable visa fees.
- For applicants who prefer to have their passports returned by mail: Self-addressed Canada Post Xpresspost return envelope.
- TECO in Ottawa services those in the Greater Ottawa Region, Quebec and Newfoundland. Those in other parts of Canada should contact TECO in Vancouver and Toronto. Addresses and contact numbers are provided below.
- TECO reserves the right to ask for additional documentation as deemed necessary.
- Processing time normally takes 3 business days from the day the application is received. An additional 7 days should be expected for those submitting applications by post.
Visa Processing Fees:
The payment accepted for the visa processing fee is cash, Money Order, Bank Draft or Certified Cheque, made payable to Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, Canada. Personal cheques are not accepted.
- Single entry: CAD52.00
- Multiple entry: CAD104.00
Additional rush service fee for visas issued within 4 working hours (to be paid on top of above-mentioned amount):
- Single entry: CAD26.00
- Multiple entry: CAD52.00
The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice. Canadians should contact TECO well before any planned travel to Taiwan to obtain the most current visa requirements.
TECO, Canada (Great Ottawa Region, Quebec, Newfoundland)
World Exchange Plaza
45 O’Connor Street, Suite 1960
Telephone: (613) 231- 5080
Fax: (613) 231- 7235
TECO, Vancouver (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut)
2006-925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Telephone: (604) 689-4111 ext. 235 or 236 or 227
Fax: (604) 688-0376
TECO, Toronto (Manitoba, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Ontario)
151 Yonge Street
Telephone: (416) 369-9030
Fax: (416) 369-9189