Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
Canadians are required to obtain visas before traveling to Tajikistan from the nearest Tajik Embassy which is located in the United States. Depending on where they are traveling from, Canadians may also apply for entry visas to Tajikistan from Tajik Embassies that are found in United Kingdom, Afghanistan (Kabul, Mazori Sharif), Austria, Belarus, Belgium, China, Egypt, Germany, India, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates (Dubai), and Uzbekistan.
If, however, a Canadian visitor is traveling to Tajikistan from a country where there are no Tajik representations, they may apply for a visitor visa at the Dushanbe International Airport upon arrival.
In addition, Canadians will be asked to present their passport which must have at least 6 months remaining validity beyond the duration of stay in Tajikistan.
All visitors to Tajikistan, except those holding T (Tourism) visas planning to stay for less than 30 days, are required to obtain a Tajik visa registration stamp in their passports within 3 days of arrival. Those traveling on official business, employees of international organizations and journalists are required to register with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). If traveling for other purposes, they must register with the OVIR.
Canadians entering the Gorno-Badakshan region, from inside and outside Tajikistan are required to obtain a special permit on top of the Tajik visa. The special permit should be obtained in advance at Tajik Embassies or Consulates by applying to the MFA or OVIR upon arrival in Tajikistan.
- 2 fully accomplished and duly signed visa application forms. Applicants must indicate entry and exit date being applied for.
- 2 passport-size photographs.
- Canadian passport with at least 6 months remaining validity beyond the date of expected departure from Tajikistan.
- Photocopy of the 1st page of the passport.
- For private visits: Invitation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Tajikistan or Interior Affairs.
- Cover letter of request from organization or travel agency.
- For children under 16 years old: Notarized letter stating that the children will be accompanied by parents.
- If applying by mail: Completely-addressed, stamped return envelope or prepaid waybill bearing the account number showing the applicant as both shipper and recipient regardless of delivery address.
- For tourist purposes: Petition of tourist organizations which are licensed to engage in tourist activities.
- For educational purposes: Letter from educational or scientific institutions in Tajikistan detailing their acceptance of the applicant intending to undertake educational training in the territory.
- For business purposes: the letter-petition of representations of the foreign companies, organizations and the legal persons irrespective of their form of ownership.
- Visa fee, non-refundable.
- Applicants should ensure that all the fields in the visa application form are filled in. Please put N/A where not applicable.
- The Embassy will not be held responsible for delays or damage to/loss of documents while in transit.
- Visa processing usually takes 3 business days.
Visa Processing Fees:
The visa fees must be paid by money order or company checks made payable to the Embassy of Tajikistan. Cash or personal checks are not accepted.
- Single entry, valid for 2 weeks: US$80.00
- Single entry, valid for 1 month: US$90.00
- Single entry, valid for 2 months: US$100.00
- Single entry, valid for 3 months: US$130.00
- Single entry, valid for 1 year: US$220.00
- Multiple entry, valid for 1 month: US$120.00
- Multiple entry, valid for 2 months: US$130.00
- Multiple entry, valid for 3 months: US$160.00
- Multiple entry, valid for 1 year: US$260.00
- Tourist visa: US$26.00
- Student’s visa: US$50.00
- GBAO Permit: S$50.00
The information gathered here are subject to change without prior notice. Canadians should contact the Embassy of Tajikistan in the United States for verification on the visa and entry requirements before making travel plans to avoid delays or difficulties.
The Embassy of the Republic of Tajikistan
1005 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Telephone: (202) 223-6090
Fax: (202) 223-6091
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com (Consular Section)