Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
Canadians need visas before they can be allowed to enter Tanzania. Visas are available upon arrival at any point of entry where immigration officials are present. However, it is recommended that Canadians obtain their visas before traveling to Tanzania. They are required to possess a Canadian passport with validity exceeding their duration of stay in Tanzania by 6 months.
A tourist visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue, and the maximum length of stay is 3 months. However, Canadians should take careful note of the terms and expiry date indicated on their visa, as some are valid for less than 3 months. Overstaying is considered a serious offense and substantial fines are charged to those who stay beyond the permitted period detailed on their visa.
A certificate of vaccination against yellow fever is required at all ports of entry due to a recent outbreak of the disease.
- Canadian passport with remaining validity of 6 months beyond the date of the visa being applied for. The Canadian passport must also contain at least 2 blank pages.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- 1 recent, clear and colored passport-size photograph (5cm x 5cm or 2” x 2”).
- For business purposes: Business letter from applicant’s company or an invitation letter from Tanzania on company letterhead and signature.
- For study, paid work or volunteer work purposes: Official invitation letter from Tanzania on school/organization/company letterhead and signature.
- For filming, journalism or research purposes: Letter from Tanzania verifying proof that necessary permits have been obtained.
- For non-residents of the Ottawa region: A prepaid return courier envelope. If the applicant is using a waybill, an account number or credit card number must be written. If applicant is using UPS, computer label must be provided. Priority is preferred over Xpresspost.
- Non-refundable visa fee.
- Visa processing normally takes 5 working days.
- Single entry visas are valid for 3 months.
- All visas are valid from the date of issue. The duration of stay is also included in the visa.
Visa Processing Fees:
Accepted modes of payment are cash and money order only, made payable to the Tanzania High Commission. Personal cheques and certified cheques are not accepted.
- Single entry visa, valid for 3 months: CAD75.00
- Double entry visa, valid for 6 months: CAD120.00
- Multiple entry visa, valid for 12 months: CAD150.00
The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice. It is the Canadian traveler’s responsibility to obtain the most up-to-date visa and entry requirements before traveling.
High Commission for the United Republic of Tanzania
50 Range Road
Telephone: (613) 232-1500, -1509
Fax: (613) 232-5184