Canadian citizens are allowed to travel Trinidad and Tobago visa-free and stay for 30 days, provided that their visit is for tourism or business. They will need to present the following upon arrival, in order to be granted permission to enter:
- Canadian passport valid for the duration of stay in Trinidad and Tobago
- Return or onward ticket
- Evidence of sufficient funds to cover expenses while in Trinidad and Tobago
While the passport validity requirement for Canadians is lenient, it is advised that travelers check with carriers concerning their own passport validity requirement to avoid difficulties and delays.
It is important to note that those intending to travel to Trinidad and Tobago for employment or educational purposes must apply for the applicable permits well in advance of departure from Canada.
Applications for Work Permit can be made on behalf of an individual by a company based in Trinidad and Tobago that wishes to employ them, or by an appointed attorney in Trinidad and Tobago, or by an appointed company in Trinidad and Tobago on behalf of a foreign company. 1 in original and 7 copies of the Application for Work Permit must be submitted to the Ministry of National Security. This will then be subject to the approval of the Minister. A medical certificate must be submitted for periods in excess of year.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- Canadian passport with remaining validity of 6 months beyond the date of departure from Trinidad and Tobago.
- 1 passport size photograph (must meet passport photograph requirements).
- Evidence of sufficient funds for upkeep during stay.
- Return or onward ticket.
- Reason for visit in Trinidad and Tobago:
- For business purposes: Letter of invitation from business company in Trinidad and Tobago.
- For employment purposes: Approved Work Permit
- For study purposes: Letter of acceptance from school, proof of legitimate lodgings in Trinidad and Tobago, security deposit.
- For information on the applicable fees for the work and student permits, please contact the High Commission of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago or its Consulates (address and contact information provided below).
Information provided here is subject to change without prior notice. Canadians are strongly advised to obtain the most current visa and entry requirements before traveling to Trinidad and Tobago.
High Commission for the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
200 First Avenue
Telephone: (613) 232-2418 / 436-1397 (24 Hours)
Fax: (613) 232-4349
2005 Sheppard Avenue East
Telephone: (416) 495-9442
Fax: (416) 495-6934
252 Rochester Avenue
Telephone: (204) 269-5169
Fax: (204) 948-2442