United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
Canadians intending to travel to Uganda are required to obtain visas. Although available at Entebbe Airport upon arrival, it is strongly recommended that visas be obtained from the Uganda High Commission in Ottawa well in advance of planned travel. The possession of a visa does not guarantee the bearer of entry into Uganda. Upon arrival in Uganda, visitors must be able to fulfill immigration requirements and present proof of sufficient funds, return or onward tickets, and other documents required for their destination (if applicable) in order to be granted permission to enter. Furthermore, the period of stay in the country is determined by Immigration officers at the port of entry.
All visitors are required to present proof of vaccination against typhoid and hepatitis. Additionally, those coming from areas where the diseases are endemic should also carry with them proof of vaccination against yellow fever and cholera.
Applications for visas may be lodged by post or in person and can take up to 2 working days to process. Visas are only valid from the date of issue and stated period.
- 2 fully accomplished and duly signed visa application forms.
- 2 recent, colored passport size photographs.
- Original Canadian passport with validity of at least 6 months from the proposed entry date.
- For business purposes: Letter of invitation or introduction.
- For applications by post: Stamped, self-addressed and registered envelope (Xpresspost, FedEx, Purolator, DHL, etc.).
- Non-refundable visa fee.
- Failure to complete the visa application form may result in refusal or delay in issuance of a visa.
- The High Commission reserves the right to ask for additional documentation when deemed necessary.
Visa Processing Fees:
Payment of visa fees is to be made by money order payable to the Uganda High Commission – Ottawa at the time of submission of the application. Cheques are not accepted.
- Single entry: US$50
- Student entry: US$100
The above-mentioned are subject to change without prior notice. Canadian citizens should obtain the most up-to-date information concerning visa, entry and exit requirements for Uganda before their scheduled travel.
High Commission for the Republic of Uganda
231 Cobourg Street
Telephone: (613) 789-7797
Fax: (613) 789-8909
1361 Robson Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Telephone: (604) 687-6631
Fax: (604) 687-5724