Canadian citizens do not need visas when visiting Ukraine for stays of less than 90 days within a 6-month period. The visa-free entry into Ukraine applies for touristic, business or personal reasons. For longer stays in Ukraine, or purposes other than mentioned above, Canadians will need to obtain visas in advance from the Ukrainian Embassy in Ottawa.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form, should printed or written in block letters in black ink. The applicant’s primary purpose of entry into Ukraine should be detailed in the visa application form. Applicants should also provide the phone number where they wish to be reached.
- Valid Canadian passport or travel documents valid for at least 6 months beyond the proposed date of departure from Ukraine. The passport must also contain one blank page.
- 1 recent passport size photograph.
- For employment purposes: Labour authorization document in the name of the applicant issued by the Ministry of Labor of Ukraine and obtained for them in advance by the employer in Ukraine.
- For permanent residence: Permission for permanent residence granted by the Ukrainian Immigration Authorities of the Ministry of Interior of Ukraine.
- For applications sent by post: Prepaid, self-addressed FedEx, Express Post and registered envelopes only.
- The Consular Office has full authority to request for additional supporting documents when deemed necessary.
- Visa processing takes 10 business days. Rush processing takes 3 business days.
As these requirements are subject to change without prior notice, Canadian citizens are strongly advised to obtain the most current visa, entry and exit requirements in advance of travel by contacting:
331 Metcalfe Street
Telephone: (613) 230-8015
Fax: (613) 230-2655
590 Granite Court
Telephone: (905) 420-7335 Ext. 226
Fax: (905) 420-7342
2275 Lakeshore Blvd West, Suite 301
Telephone: (416) 763-3114 / (416)856-0801 (24 Hours)
Fax: (416) 763-2323
938 Howe Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Telephone: (604) 331-2505
Fax: (604) 331-2515