Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
Canadian citizens are required to obtain visas before arriving in the UAE from the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Ottawa or it consulates. This is true for tourism and business purposes.
90 Sheppard Ave.East, Suite 101
Telephone: (416) 221-0039
25 York Street, Suite 608
Telephone: (416) 221-4744
Additionally, Canadian citizens may also obtain visas through a sponsor residing in the UAE who will apply on their behalf at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in the UAE. Once visa approval has been obtained, the sponsor must send a copy of the visa by email or fax to their Canadian invitee, and they can then obtain their original visa upon arrival in the UAE.
Please find below the requirements needed for submission for visa applications lodged with the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Ottawa.
General Requirements – Visit Visa:
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form, to be filled in/typed online. Arrival date in the UAE should be mentioned in the visa application form.
- Fully accomplished Attachment to the Visa Form.
- 1 clear and recent passport size photograph.
- Copy of valid Canadian passport, please do not send original. Passport must be valid for at least 6 months at departure.
- 1 prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. Prepaid Canada Express Post envelopes, registered mail or regular stamps are available from any local Canada Post offices. Alternately, prepaid computer generated labels can be sent to the Embassy from any courier company. Please note that the Embassy does not accept manually filled airway bill forms.
- Non-refundable visa processing fee. Money orders, Certified cheques, or Draft Cheques with the correct amount in Canadian currency made payable to the UAE Embassy, Ottawa.
- Short term visa (valid for 30 days): CA$250
- Long term visa (valid for 3 months): CA$500
- The Embassy requires that visa applications be lodged at least 15 business days (3 weeks) before the proposed departure date.
- The Visa Section will accept applications by mail only.
- All application forms with the required documents must be mailed to the following address:
125 Boteler Street
The above-mentioned visa regulations and costs are subject to change and should always be checked with the UAE Embassy before traveling.
Embassy of the United Arab Emirates
125 Boteler Street
Telephone: (613) 565-7272 / 565-1114 (Consular Section)
Fax: (613) 565-8007 / 565-1444 (Consular Section)
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org