Canadian citizens require visas when traveling to Uzbekistan. This visa requirement applies for all types of visits and lengths of stay. When visiting private citizens or legal residents in Uzbekistan, Canadians must to obtain official invitation letters before applying for their visas. Upon submission of the visa application, the official invitation letter should be attached.
Once in Uzbekistan, it is very hard or nearly impossible to extend one’s duration of visit. Those holding tourist visas are required to reside at hotels during their stay in Uzbekistan. Furthermore, all foreigners who intend to stay for more than 3 business days must register with the Office of Visas and Registration, with the exception of hotel guests who are usually registered automatically upon checking in.
Those who wish to remain in Uzbekistan for more than 3 months must provide a medical certificate proving they are negative for HIV/AIDS.
Canadians must ensure they have multiple entry visas for Uzbekistan and proper visas for neighboring countries when traveling by rail or land in the country, as it is sometimes necessary to cross into other territories.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- Applicant’s original and valid Canadian passport.
- 1 colored passport photograph.
- For private visits: Invitation Letter, issued by the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Uzbekistan.
- For transit visa: Visa and airline ticket for the next destination country.
- For applications sent by mail: FedEx or USPS Express Mail self-addressed envelope with prepaid postage.
- For business visa: Multiple or single-entry visas issued only upon the confirmation received by the Embassy from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan. Formal written request for issuance of visa must be submitted by the inviting organization in Uzbekistan (Government office, Embassy or representative office, etc.) to the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan (address: 9 Uzbekistan St., Tashkent, 700029)
Visa Processing Fee:
Only money orders or cashier’s checks are accepted modes of payment. Please make payable to the “Embassy of Uzbekistan”. The visa fee is non-refundable.
- Transit Visa (valid for 3 months, double entry, up to 72 hours stay for each entry: US$25.00
- Business, Private visits and Tourist Visa:
- 7 business day processing: US$140.00
- 3 business day processing: US$210.00
In all cases, additional “processing fee” in the amount of US$20 will be collected from the applicant for Private visit, Tourist and Business Visas, while the amount is US$10 for Transit Visas.
Processing of visa applications usually take 3 business days after receipt of the application.
Embassy of Uzbekistan
1746 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Telephone: (202) 887-5300 / 530-7291 (Visa Section)
Fax: (202) 293-6804 / 293-9633
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Consulate General of Uzbekistan
801 Second Avenue
New York, NY
Telephone: (212) 754-7403
Fax: (212) 838-9812