Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
Canadians intending to visit Suriname are required to obtain visas prior to traveling. A current passport must also be presented upon arrival, and this must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of expected departure from Suriname, along with a return or onward airline tickets. Those arriving in Suriname fro Guyana, French Guiana and Brazil must be in possession of proof of yellow fever vaccination.
Canadian visitors intending to remain in Suriname for longer than 3 months must apply for Authorization for Temporary Stay (MVK), 3 months before their planned trip to Suriname. It is no longer possible to apply for residence while in Suriname on tourist and business visas.
An airport departure tax as well as a terminal fee is charged to travelers; however inclusion of these fees in the ticket price should be confirmed with carriers.
General Requirements – Tourist or Business Visa:
- Valid Canadian passport. It is advised that travelers ensure their passports are valid for at least 6 months past the length of the stay in Suriname.
- Copy of itinerary and/or round trip ticket.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- For business visa: Letter from company in Canada stating purpose and duration of the trip, specifying intent to financially support applicant while in Suriname.
- 1 recent passport photo.
- For children below 18 years old:
- Birth certificate showing the names of both parents;
- If applicable: Photocopy of legal documents pertaining to custody;
- Legalized letter of consent:
- If child is traveling with one parent: Letter of consent authorizing travel must be legalized by the other parent;
- If child is traveling alone: Notarized letter of consent from both parents allowing their child to travel;
- In case one or both parents are deceased: Death certificate.
Suriname is represented in Canada by an Embassy which is located in Washington, DC, USA. It is strongly advised that travelers confirm visa and entry requirements to Suriname before traveling, as the above-mentioned are subject to change without prior notice.
Embassy of the Republic of Suriname
4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Telephone: (202) 244-7488 and 7590
Fax: (202) 244-5878
2300 Lillooet Crescent
Kelowna, British Columbia
Telephone: (250) 763-1259
Fax: (250) 470-9921
Glam Group of Companies
Telephone: (416) 321-9554
Fax: (416) 299-1062