Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
Canadian citizens can usually stay in Uruguay without a tourist or business visa for a maximum of 90 days. They must present their Canadian passports with validity of at least 6 months beyond the date of intended departure from Uruguay.
Those who wish to study in Uruguay must obtain proof of acceptance from an educational institution in Uruguay prior to arrival. However, student visas are delivered in Uruguay once the student is in the country.
An airport tax of approximately US$25 is charged upon departure and this is either included in the price of the ticket or charged in cash.
Individuals intending to stay in Uruguay for more than 90 days must obtain their visas before traveling to the country.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form. The form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian for children below 18 years old (the visa application form is downloadable in .doc or .pdf file formats).
- Canadian passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the arrival date in Uruguay.
- 1 passport size photograph.
- Photocopy of fully paid round-trip airline ticket or proof of purchase issued by travel agency or airline.
- Letter detailing the purpose of the trip, date of departure and length of stay. In case of business trip: Letter from the company.
- CAD42.00 consular fee payable by money order or certified cheque to “Consulate of Uruguay”. Cash is not accepted.
- For applications sent by mail: Prepaid, self-addressed courier envelope and slip or security envelope for registered mail. Regular mail is not accepted.
- For those applying in person: By appointment only, Monday to Friday between 9:30 am and 3:00 pm.
Those intending to reside in Uruguay are advised to contact the Embassy of Uruguay as the requirements are currently being updated. Furthermore, the above-mentioned visa requirements are subject to change at any time. Canadian travelers should obtain the latest information by contacting:
Embassy of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay
130 Albert Street
Telephone: (613) 234-2727 / 234-2937 (24 Hours)
Fax: (613) 233-4670
300 Sheppard Avenue West
Telephone: (416) 730-1289 (24 Hours)
Fax: (416) 730-0192
595 Burrard Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Telephone: (604) 664-5828
Fax: (604) 664-5838