Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
Citizens of Canada or Canadian passport holders are required to obtain a visa before traveling to Belarus.
General Visa requirements
The following should be presented to the Consular Section of the Embassy to obtain a visa:
- 1. Passport – A valid original passport, having at least one blank visa page and should be valid for at least 90 days upon conclusion of the trip. (“Permit for Re-entry” or “Refugee Travel Document” are also acceptable)
- 2. Application form – The form must be fully completed leaving no blank spaces left. Type in “N/A” if a question does not apply and “NONE” if the answer is none. Incomplete forms will not be processed and will be returned to the applicants. This form should contain the applicant’s original signature and must be well readable. Please, use block letters in filling out.
- 3. Photo – One passport size photo of the applicant which should be attached to the marked space at the upper right-hand corner of the application form. The face area should not be stapled.
- 4. Envelope – If applying by mail, use a self-addressed pre-paid return envelope (preferably XPRESSPOST). To prevent the envelope from being lost, make sure that the envelope has a tracking number.
Note: Visa processing fees must be in Euro by a bank draft or a certified check payable to The Embassy of Belarus in Canada.
Supporting Visa Documents
For Business Visa:
A letter of invitation from a registered agency, company, or organization, in the Republic of Belarus; printed on the official letterhead with a registration number, date of issue, and should include the signature of an official and a corporate seal.
This letter should also state the duration of the applicant’s stay in Belarus. The inviting party or parties must provide written guarantees that an invitee will abide by the rules and regulations applied to foreign citizens in the Republic of Belarus.
For multiple-entry long-term (type D) business visa:
A letter of invitation from a registered agency, company or organization in the Republic of Belarus, and a copy of the contract between partners, and an extract confirming the registration of Belarusian agency, company or organization as a legal entity.
For Tourist Visa:
A letter of invitation from a Belarusian travel agency. The Belarusian authorities should acknowledge through registration, the hosting organization as a tourist company.
For Long Term Multiple Visa (private visit):
An original copy of invitation. Your relatives or friends should obtain invitation (“zaprashenne”) for you at the local Citizenship and Migration Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and send it to you. A visa can be issued in case of unexpected illness, death of the relative, and other emergencies, by submitting a certified cable from a doctor or a clinic in Belarus.
For Visitor’s Visa (private visit):
Canadian passport holders applying for a private visa to the Republic of Belarus valid for no more than 30 days do not need to provide any letters of invitation. Although, the inviting person’s first and last names and home address must be indicated in the visa application form.
For a transit visa:
A visa for the country you are traveling to via Belarus. In case of traveling to countries with no entry visa requirements, you may use a copy of the ticket, itinerary from your travel agency or any other document confirming your trip as proof.
- If you are a former USSR or Belarusian citizen, please submit proof or documents proving the loss of USSR/Belarusian citizenship.
- If applicant is a child under 18 years of age, a copy of child’s birth certificate and copies of parents’ passport main information pages (with passport number, expiration date, photo, etc.) have to be submitted.
If you fail to follow the above mentioned requirements, your visa application will not be processed.
Visa processing starts only after all necessary documents are submitted.
Information gathered here are prior to change, it is recommended and highly encouraged that travelers contact the Embassy of Belarus for confirmation.
Embassy of the Republic of Belarus in Canada
Ambassade de la République du Bélarus au Canada
130 Albert Street, Suite 600
Ottawa, ON K1P 5G4
Telephone: (613) 233-9994 / (613) 233-6190 (Consular Section)
Fax: (613) 233-8500
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Canada@belembassy.org
The Embassy is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. Closed on Belarusian holidays.
The Consular Section of the Embassy is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST. Closed on Belarusian holidays.