All foreigners visiting Chad are required to be in possession of a valid entry visa prior to arrival in the country.
- Valid passport
- 3 fully completed and duly signed visa application forms with a photo for each
- Confirmation from employer indicating the reason for the applicant’s travel to Chad and marking the date of departure from the U.S./Canada
- Itinerary: Round trip ticket or valid reservation from a travel agency
- At least 2 empty pages in the passport
- Invitation letter
- Proof of payment of visa processing fee
- Self-addressed return envelope
Visa Processing Fee:
Fees must be paid via check from the US and Canada. Along with the application form, proof of payment must be submitted through a postal service such as DHL, Fedex, etc.
- Single entry valid for 1 month: US$100
- Multiple entry valid for 3 months: US$150
- Multiple entry valid for 6 months: US$200
Important Notice: Visitors must check in with the National Police within 72 hours of arrival to obtain a registration stamp. It is the traveler’s responsibility to become informed of security or travel warnings to their destination of choice.
Since there are no Chadian embassies or consulates in Canada, you may send your applications, or direct inquiries to:
Embassy of Chad