United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
For tourist purposes, Canadians are allowed to enter the Czech Republic and stay for 90 days without a visa. The only requirements are a passport that is valid for at least 3 months beyond the date of expected departure from the territory; a valid and minimum of €30,000 health insurance policy; proof of pre-arranged accommodation equal to the length of stay and sufficient financial resources to cover cost of living while in the Czech Republic.
Travelers who are availing of private accommodations for longer than 30 days are required to register at the local Foreigners Police Branch within 3 working days of their arrival.
General Requirements – Long-stay Visa (Visa over 90 days):
This type of visa is applicable for those who belong in the following categories:
The requirements for visa application are as follows:
- Valid passport
- 2 passport-sized photos
- Fully accomplished and duly signed Application for Long-stay Visa Form
- Except for employment purpose: Proof of sufficient funds to cover cost of stay in the Czech Republic
- Document confirming availability of accommodation for the duration of stay in the Czech Republic (confirmed written approval of owner of apartment or house with the owner’s verified signature)
- Medical report verifying that the visa applicant does not suffer from any serious disease
- Evidence of travel medical insurance for a minimum coverage of €60,000, from an insurance provider licensed to conduct such business in the Czech Republic. The document should state the period of coverage and this should equal the duration of stay in the territory. The insurance contract and Terms and Conditions should be translated into the Czech language by a certified translator.
Note: For those seeking employment in the Czech Republic – period of medical insurance coverage should be from the arrival in the country until the starting date of employment only.
- Certified affidavit to confirm that applicant has never been charged and sentenced for any kind of crime. This document should be issued by the applicant’s country whose national he or she is, or any other country where the applicant stayed for 6 or more consecutive months within the last 3 years. This should be accompanied by an official translation into Czech.
Note: This requirement does not apply to people younger than 15 years.
- Documentary evidence of purpose of stay in the territory:
- For the purpose of study:
- Original or notarized copy of certificate from a Czech university or school confirming acceptance of applicant into a study program. This document must be in the Czech language.
- For the purpose of business:
- A letter of confirmation issued by a business entity, whether by an individual business person or a commercial company that is registered in the Czech Republic.
- Corporate Business (Member of a statutory body of a legal entity): Articles of association or a national deed or extract from the Companies Register.
- For the purpose of employment:
- The notarized copy of work permit (“Povolení k zaměstnání”) issued by the Employment Administration Office (EAO) in the Czech Republic.
- Original confirmation from the EAO that the employer had applied for the work permit.
- For the purpose of study:
- Proof of payment of visa application fee.
- All documents should be submitted in their original form or as notarized copies.
- All original documents should be submitted along with certified copies for the Embassy’s use and safekeeping, otherwise originals will not be returned.
- Visa applications must be done in person or through a travel agency accredited by the diplomatic mission.
Visa Processing Fee:
The visa application fee is collected mostly in EUR or in local or other currency in accordance with the applicable exchange rate. It is the responsibility of the traveler to find out in which currency the diplomatic mission will charge the processing fee and whether it is payable in cash or by bank transfer to the diplomatic mission’s bank account.
- Long-stay Visa (Visa for over 90 days): CZK2,500
Important Notice: The information provided here are subject to change without prior notice. For more up-to-date information, please contact:
The Embassy of the Czech Republic