Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
Canadians are not required to obtain a visa in order to travel to Greece for tourism and business purposes. However, their passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the date of departure from Greece and they may only stay for a maximum of 90 days.
A student visa or work permit should be secured by those who plan to work or study in Greece, well in advance of their planned travel. Canadians are kindly requested to contact the Greek Consulates for more information on the requirements for this type of visa and permit.
Greece is a member of the European Union, as well as a part of the Schengen Treaty. Individuals would have to apply for a Schengen visa at the Greek Consulate if:
- Greece is the main destination (traveler will spend the most time in Greece), or
- Traveler is spending the same amount of time in several Schengen countries with Greece as the first port of entry into the Schengen region
General Requirements – Schengen Visa:
- Applicant must fill up and sign a visa application form before the Consular Officer.
- Valid passport or travel document that will not expire for another 180 days from the date of application.
- Original Landed Immigrant document or Permanent Resident Card.
- Recent passport-size photo.
- Detailed original flight itinerary from applicant’s travel agent. A flight itinerary will have to be presented even if the applicant has already purchased an airplane ticket.
- Proof of financial status (bank or credit card statements).
- Letter of employment.
- For those who are self-employed: Certificate of business registration issued by the Ministry of Consumer and Commercial Relations.
- Proof of destination in Greece (hotel booking, or formal invitation by family and friends).
- Traveler’s health insurance.
- Applicants for Schengen visa are required to apply in person before the Consular Officer in charge.
- It is strongly advised that applicants call the Greek Consular Authority nearest them and make an appointment prior to appearing for their application.
- Underage children cannot apply for a visa. Both parents must fill out and sign the application form for their children before the Consular Officer.
- The Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documentation.
- Visa fees will depend on the applicant’s nationality and the duration of stay in Greece.
- Visa processing takes 3-15 days so applicants are advised to apply for their visa well in advance of their planned departure.
For more information, travelers may contact the nearest Greek Consulate:
365 Bloor Street East
Telephone: (416) 515-0132 / 0133 / 0134 / 936-5844 (24 Hours)
Fax: (416) 515-0209
500 – 688 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Telephone: (604) 681-1381 / 721-6077 / 925-2039 (24 Hours)
Fax: (604) 681-6656