All Canadian citizens need a passport with at least six months validity beyond the date of departure and a visa to enter the Republic of Iraq. A visit visa is for those who are staying for up to five days in Iraq. Those staying for more than ten days must renew their visa at the Ministry of Interior, Residency Office. Visitors who are staying for more than three months should apply for one-year residency permit to regularize their entry visa.
General Requirements in obtaining a visa
- Valid passport
- 1 duly accomplished visa application form
- 3 passport size recent pictures
- Letter from employer stating the nature of visit
- Canadian Permanent Residence Card
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover all travel expenses
- A valid health certificate indicating that you are of good health standing, free from any contagious diseases or AIDS. Certificate should not be more than 30 days old
- Letter of invitation from sponsor
*Additional documents may be required if deemed necessary.
Visa Fee: US$40.00
*Fee may change without prior notice from the embassy or consulate office.
For up-to-date visa information, please check with:
Embassy of the Republic of Iraq
215 McLeod Street
Telephone: (613) 236-9177
Fax: (613) 236-9641