Visa Requirements for Canadian Passport Holders – Mexico

As of March 1, 2010, Canadian citizens, including those with dual nationality, are required to present a valid passport in order to enter and exit Mexico. Canadians without a valid passport will be refused entry and returned to Canada. Permanent residents and landed immigrants of Canada should check for specific entry requirements with Mexico’s immigration authorities (Instituto Nacional de Migración, or INAMI). Canadian passport holders seeking to enter Mexico for purposes other than tourism are required to have a proper visa. Foreigners involved in unauthorized activities will be expelled. Please visit the website of the Embassy of Mexico in Canada for more information.

General Requirements – Business Visa:

  • A completed visa application form.
  • A valid passport (good for at least 6 months).
  • A letter from the company addressed to the “Embassy of Mexico” requesting the visa for its employee.
  • The letter should explain the purpose of the trip in addition to stating the obligation of the employer to pay the employee’s salary and all expenses. Please also include the companies and cities to be visited.
  • A letter from the company in Mexico, explaining the specific activities to be performed by the applicant, and confirming the information provided by the sending company (regarding salaries, etc.).
  • Two recent, passport-size photos (1.5 sq. in., no eyeglasses).
  • Payment of a consular fee.

General Requirements – Student Visa:

  • Valid passport (the passport should be valid for at least six months following your arrival in Mexico).
  • A completed visa application form.
  • Acceptance letter from the school or university in Mexico that the applicant wishes to attend.
  • Two recent, passport-sized photos (1.5 sq. in., no eyeglasses).
  • Bank statement or letter from the student’s parent, sponsor or legal guardian certifying that s/he will receive at least US$300.00 or its equivalent in Canadian dollars per month. This document must be notarized and authenticated.
  • Minors (any person under 18 years of age) must present the visa application form signed by both parents; in cases where parents are not accompanying the applicant, a parental consent form that has been signed by both parents before a notary public must be submitted with the application form.
  • A consular visa fee is required for certain Permanent Residents of Canada.

Information gathered here are subject to change without prior notice. Canadian passport holders traveling to Mexico are advised to contact the Mexican Embassy for further consular assistance and confirmation.

Embassy of the United Mexican States

45 O’Connor Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 1A4
Telephone: (613) 233-8988 / -9272 / -9917 / 233-6665 (Consular Section)
Fax: (613) 235-9123 /  235-9123 (Consular Section)
Website: (Spanish) / (English)

VN:F [1.9.18_1163]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.18_1163]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)