United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
Canadian citizens are required to secure a visa prior to traveling to Sudan. Visitors are also required to have a passport valid for at least six months.
For up-to-date information on visa requirements, visit:
- Filled-out visa application form
- Valid passport (must be valid for at least six (6) months and should not have Israeli Visas of Immigration stamps affixed to it).
- Yellow fever and cholera vaccinations are recommended.
- A letter from the sponsoring company stating the purpose of the trip, duration of stay, financial responsibility and references in Sudan.
- One (1) passport sized photo
General Requirements – Tourist Visa:
Visas are issued upon approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Khartoum, Sudan.
All Applications must first be presented to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Sudan by one of the following:
- A Sponsor (Relatives or Friends in Sudan)
- A Sponsoring Company based in Sudan
- Business partner based in Sudan
- A Hotel or Travel Agency based in Sudan. Please visit www.sudan.net for the list of hotels and travel agencies who can assist with the visa application process.
Additional reminders from the Canadian Foreign Affairs International Trade Office:
- All Canadians traveling to Sudan, including southern Sudan (which is not advised), must be in possession of a visa and a valid Canadian passport. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the expected date of return. Allow at least one month between visa application and the intended date of travel. Visas are not granted automatically to prospective travelers.
- All foreign citizens must register with the Aliens’ Registration Office, Ministry of the Interior (located west of the Presidential Palace) within three days of arrival in Khartoum; two passport-style photos are required. Foreign citizens holding diplomatic, official and special passports are exempt from this procedure. Foreigners must obtain a permit before travelling outside of Khartoum and must also register with the police at their new destination within 24 hours of arrival. Travel permits can be obtained in Khartoum from the Ministry of Interior for regular passport holders or from the Foreign Ministry for diplomatic passport holders. Passport-style photos are required. For destinations north of Khartoum, permits are normally granted, with some delay. For travel to destinations within South and West Sudan, travel permits should be obtained from the Ministry of Interior or the Foreign Ministry. Procedures should be started at least a week prior to the trip dates. Except in the case of persons working for registered humanitarian organizations and diplomatic missions, it is extremely difficult to obtain permits for destinations within South or West Sudan. The carrying of permits is rigorously enforced.
- Travelers to Sudan with a stamp from Israel in their passport will automatically be denied entry.
- Canadian citizens of Sudanese origin are strongly advised to only use their Canadian passport when travelling in and out of Sudan. Use of Sudanese documents could result in problems in departing the country.
- Travelers should arrive at Khartoum’s international airport at least two hours, but preferably three hours, before departure. Departure formalities are complicated and there is no board to indicate departure and arrival times. There is an International Airport tax of SDG 35. Currency exchange facilities cannot be relied upon to be open.
- The country’s customs, laws, and regulations adhere closely to Islamic practices and beliefs. According to the Sudanese court, women and their children may encounter difficulties relating to mobility. This may include being prohibited from departing from Sudan, if the father’s consent is not provided, regardless of custodial rights accorded to the mother by any Sudanese, Canadian, or other courts.
Important Notice: The information provided here are subject to change without prior notice. For confirmation on visa requirements and fees, you may consult with the Embassy or Consulate for Sudan near you.