United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
People traveling from the US and are US passport holders to Bosnia and Herzegovina need not apply for a visa. They are allowed to stay up to three months at Bosnia and Herzegovina without a visa. If you are staying at a private residence, it is important that you register with the local police upon arrival or within 24 hours. But if you are staying at a hotel, there is no need to register with the local police.
If you have intentions of staying longer than three months, you must secure a temporary residence permit from the local field office of the Department of the Ministry of Security nearest your place of residence. You should apply for a temporary residence permit before the three-month period expires, ideally 15 days prior to expiration. The temporary residence permit is valid up to 12 months and can still be extended. You will be charged approximately USD 70 for the permit. You must also obtain from your state of residence in the US a police certificate indicating that you do not have a criminal record for this permit to be granted. For additional information about this, you may get in touch with the Embassy of Bosnia and Herzegovina at 2109 E Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037. Contact number is 202-337-1500.
A valid passport is needed to enter Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Types of visas and fees
- Singe entry-exit visa or transit visa: USD 43
- Multiple entry-exit transit visa: USD 78
- Multiple entry-exit visa up to 90 days: USD 78
- Multiple entry-exit visa over 90 days: USD 98
Payment: Money order or cashier’s check only, payable to Embassy of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
General requirements for visa application
- Valid passport of the applicant
- Duly accomplished and signed application form
- Copy of valid US visa or Alien Registration Card
- Copy of round trip ticket or itinerary
- One passport size picture
If traveling as a Tourist
- Voucher from the travel agency confirming that the trip is paid in full
- Copy of bank statement
If visiting friends and/or relatives
- Letter of invitation from the invitee certified by the Ministry of Security of Bosnia and Herzegovina- Department of Foreign Citizens
If traveling on business
- Confirmation letter from employer stating the nature of the trip
- Invitation letter from the company sponsoring the trip. It should be certified by the Ministry of Security of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Department of Foreign Citizens.
All are required to have a personal appearance in the Embassy. For more information, you may contact the consular office at 202-337-1500 (ext 232) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.