United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
U.S. regular passport holders are not required to secure an entry visa to visit Brunei for a 90-day stay. However, those who wish to enter Brunei for business or pleasure and will exceed a 90-day stay, or those who are Diplomatic and official passport holders are required to apply for a visa to enter the country.
- A fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- Passport with validity for at least 6 months past the date of entry and at least six unmarked pages.
- For U.S. permanent residents: Photocopy of the front and back of Green Card.
- 1 passport-sized photo, recently-taken.
- Letter stating reason of visit. If traveling to Brunei for business purposes, a letter of invitation from the company in Brunei)
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate.
- Copy of the itinerary and flight schedule.
- Visa issued is usually valid up to 3 months only.
- Application process usually takes 7 working days. In some cases, some applications need to be forwarded to Brunei, and would need at least a month to process.
- A person can apply for an entry visa to Brunei in person or through a representative, or by mail. Applications sent by mail must include a certified or overnight self-addressed, prepaid return envelope. The Embassy of Brunei will not be held responsible for the safety of documents sent by mail.
- For those visiting Brunei for employment purposes: A work permit issued by the Labor Department in Brunei is required for a visa to be granted. Foreign nationals are not allowed to work, either for full-time or part-time, without authorization from the Department of Immigration.
Visa Processing Fee:
Payment for the visa processing fee can be made in cash, by money order or a company check. The visa processing fee is non-refundable.
- Single entry visa: $14.00
- Multiple entry visa: $22.00
Important notice: Immigration offenses are punishable by caning. Additionally, Brunei has enforced travel restrictions for those with HIV/AIDS, as part of a ban on communicable diseases. All travelers are required by the Ministry of Health (MOH) of Brunei Darussalam to fill up a Health Declaration Card and submit to their officer-in-charge upon arrival. Travelers may need to undergo a medical examination upon arrival in the country, under Section 7 of the Infectious Diseases Order 2003 of the MOH.