Americans who wish to travel Burkina Faso must have a valid US passport, certification of yellow fever vaccination and valid entry visa before gaining entry into the country. A new visa policy was implemented by the government of Burkina Faso, and requirements are as follows:
- Valid passport
- Two accomplished and duly signed application forms available at the Embassy of Burkina Faso in the United States
- Two passport-sized photos
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate
- Self-addressed, prepaid envelope with a tracing number
- Applications are processed within 72 working hours.
- Incomplete application forms and missing documents may result in delay of processing.
- Immunization for Cholera is recommended and may also be required in the event of a Cholera outbreak.
- Applications for visa extensions must be arranged by the Head office of the National Police in Ouagadougou.
Visa Processing Fee:
Processing fees must be paid for by money order or company check only.
- US citizens are eligible for up to 5 years multiple entry visa for only US$100.
- Expediting of visa application processing is possible for an added fee of US$50 per visa.
Important Notice: Be advised that taking photos of airports, military barracks, and vicinity of government offices are strictly prohibited by law.
For more information, you may contact:
The Embassy of Burkina Faso, United States
2340 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20008
Telephone: (202) 332-5577