United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
US citizens are allowed to travel to Jamaica as tourists without a visa as long as they are able to provide the following:
- A return ticket to the US, or
- Round trip tickets verifying that the traveler is returning to the United States after the scheduled trip, or
- A valid passport, or
- A passport that has expired for no more than 12 months, provided that the US will allow entry to such a person on the expired passport
- For travelers under 18: an ID card such as a school ID (birth certificates are not accepted)
Other nationals holding permanent residence in the United States are also allowed to enter Jamaica as tourists without a visa. However, they must travel with the following documents:
- Alien Registration Cards (Green Cards), or
- Valid US re-entry permits (if applicable) and
- Round-trip or onward travel tickets
In addition to the above, visitors from the United States must also be able to show proof of adequate financial means to cover any and all expenses for the duration of their visit.
The period of stay is granted at the discretion of the Jamaican immigration authorities. A departure tax is imposed on travelers, which is normally included in the airfare. US travelers are advised to confirm this with their carrier.
US citizens who intend to travel to Jamaica to work or stay for an extended period must have a current passport and are advised to secure the appropriate permit and visa for their purpose from a Jamaican Embassy or Jamaican consulate before leaving the United States.
General Requirements – Work Visa:
- Valid passport
- Original letter of job offer from prospective employer in Jamaica
- Original work permit approval signed by or on behalf of the Minister of Labour
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form with 1 passport size photograph
- Visa processing fee
- Foreigners who wish to work in Jamaica must first obtain a work permit prior to arrival in Jamaica. A work permit is granted at the discretion of the Ministry of Labour. Work visas are only issued by Jamaican Consular Officials after confirmation that a work permit has been granted to the visa applicant.
- For work permit applications, contact:
Ministry of Labour
1F North Street
For more information on immigration requirements, US citizens may contact:
Embassy of Jamaica
4655 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
Telephone: (773) 373-8988
Jamaican Consulate General
842 Ingraham Building
25 S.E. 2nd Avenue
Telephone: (305) 374-8431
Fax: (305) 577-4970
Jamaican Consulate General
737 Third Avenue
New York, NY
Telephone: (212) 935-9000