Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
US citizens intending to travel to Kenya are required to obtain a visa, whether upon arrival at the airport, or in advance at a Kenyan Embassy or Consulate in the US. However, those opting to get their visa at an airport in Kenya should expect delays upon arrival.
It is important to note that a visa is not a guarantee that the bearer will be permitted to enter or remain in Kenya. Immigration Officers at the port of entry have the authority to deny entry to anyone who is unable to fulfill immigration requirements even if the person in question is in possession of a valid visa.
The application for all visa services should be completed online. After an application has been fully accomplished through the Kenyan Embassy website, applicants should download, print and sign the form before mailing it to the Embassy of The Republic of Kenya or its consulate offices. Applications which have not been filled online will be returned to the applicant, unprocessed.
- Fully accomplished (online, downloaded and then printed) and duly signed application form.
- Original passport, valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of intended departure from Kenya. The passport should have a blank page.
- Copy of flight itinerary or letter from travel agent on company letterhead confirming booking.
- 2 current passport-size photos.
- Prepaid, self-addressed, stamped return envelope (only FedEx, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation are accepted).
- Certificate of immunization against yellow fever, malaria and cholera.
- Visa processing fee.
- Applicants are strongly advised to check that their documentations and application forms are complete to avoid delays. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Visa processing usually takes 14 business days from the date of the receipt of application sent by mail or courier services.
Visa Processing Fee:
The visa processing fees are to be paid only by money order or cashier’s cheque made payable to the Embassy of The Republic of Kenya. Personal cheques or cash are not accepted. Please submit only the exact amount. The fees are non-refundable.
- Single Entry: US$25
- Multiple Entry: US$50
- Single Transit: US$10
The details provided are subject to change without prior notice. American travelers can get up-to-date information from:
Embassy of The Republic of Kenya
2249 R Street NW
Telephone: (202) 387-6101
Fax: (202) 462-3829