United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
The Schengen area is a group of countries comprised of 25 European countries. The countries who are part of this group are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. A person traveling to any of these countries may be required to have a Shengen visa to be allowed to enter in any of the member countries. A Schengen visa may be obtained from a member country’s embassy or consulate in the travelers own country. If a specific Schengen member country does not have an embassy or consulate there, they can apply at other Schengen member’s embassy or consulate in their country.
Philippine passport holders need to have a Schengen visa if they are traveling to Austria and plan on staying there for no more than 90 days. This is applicable only to Philippine passport holders who are going to Austria as tourists, visiting friends or relatives or on a business-related trip. If they want to go to Austria and stay there for more than 90 days on other matters rather than the previous ones mentioned, they will need to get an Austrian national visa. Both Schengen visa and national visa can be obtained from the Austrian Embassy in Manila. Visa applications can only be done by appointment.
Visa application requirements
- Fully accomplished visa application form (with applicant’s signature or legal guardian’s form applicants who are minors)
- Philippine passport
- Original and photocopy
- with validity of not less than 6 months after expiration of requested visa
- with at least one blank page
- Passport sized colored pictures (recent, 2 copies)
- NSO copy of birth certificate (+1 photocopy)
- Marriage certificate (for applicants who are married)
- Children’s birth certificate (if any)
- Copy of airline tickets and complete travel itinerary
- Proof of travel insurance coverage from provider
- minimum coverage of € 30,000.00
- valid for all European Union member nations including Norway and Switzerland
- should cover whole trip plus additional 15 days
- Proof of accommodations in Austria
- Proof of financial capability
- recent bank account statements
- employment letter or certificate
- pay slips (recent 6 months + photocopies)
- certificate of business registration (for self-employed, + photocopy)
- previous annual tax returns (+ photocopy)
- Paid application fee
- Schengen visa – €60.00
- National visa – €100.00
- Children (6 to 12 years old) – €35.00
- Children (younger than 6 years old – free
- Applicant’s contact information (email, telephone, mobile phone)
- For applicants visiting friends or relatives:
- Proof of relationship (for visiting relatives)
- copy of “affidavit of liability” from host in Austria
- For applicants attending conferences or seminars
- invitation letter
- proof of registration and payment for seminar or conference
- For business travelers
- official letter from company with details of travel (accommodation, who is shouldering expenses, must bear signature of company executive)
- copy of “affidavit of liability” from host in Austria (if applicable)
- For applicants studying in Austria
- proof of admission or registration to Austrian college, school or university
- certificate of leave of absence (if applicable)
- For applicants getting medical treatment
- medical certificate from licensed doctor (detailed diagnosis, recommended treatment)
- copy of intended treatment from Austrian doctor or hospital
- treatment expenses (estimate)
- certificate of health insurance coverage for medical treatment from insurance provider
- proof of financial means to pay treatment expenses
- proof that patient can is allowed to travel
- For applicants who are minors
- application form must have signature of both parents or legal guardian
- certificate of enrolment in Philippine school
- proof of leave of absence (authenticated by school)
- clearance to travel from DSWD
- All visa applications can only be done in person and by appointment from Mondays to Thursdays
- Appointments can be done personally on Fridays, 9:00AM to 11:00AM. Applicants must bring their passport and a photocopy in order to be able to set an appointment. They will be informed of the appointment schedule by email or telephone after a few days.
- Applicants can also set a visa application appointment by calling the Austrian Embassy visa information and appointment hotline at 1-800-111-00-838 or 02-4795460. Calls can be made between 8:00Am to 5:00PM, Monday to Friday. There is a €13.00 charge, which is payable by credit card.
- Visa processing may take anywhere from 1 month to 3 months.
- Visa fees can only be paid in cash, using exact amount in Philippine peso, and cannot be refunded once paid.
- The Embassy of Austria in Manila is located at:
Austrian Embassy Manila