United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
Barbados is an island country that is a member of the Commonwealth of countries. It is near Puerto Rico and Venezuela. Its eastern side has the Atlantic Ocean and on the west side it has the Caribbean Sea. Barbados is visited by a lot of tourists who go there to enjoy the beautiful beaches and rich culture.
Philippine passport holders who plan on going to Barbados will need to get a visa in order to be allowed to travel and stay in the country. If they are traveling as tourists, they will be permitted to stay for 90 days. Philippine passport holders can also go to Barbados to study or work, but they must also obtain the necessary visa to be allowed to go there.
Since there is no Embassy or consulate of Barbados in the Philippines, a Philippine passport holder can apply for a visa at an Embassy of Barbados or Barbados Tourism Authority office in a country near them. This would be the Embassy of Barbados in Singapore or The Barbados Tourism Authority office in Sydney, Australia. Another option would be to send an application for a visa directly to the Immigration Department of Barbados in Bridgetown.
Filipinos who get an approved visa to Barbados must remember not to overstay in the country since they can be detained by Barbados authorities and be deported.
- Philippine passport (valid for the duration of stay)
- Fully accomplished visa application form J (2 copies)
- 2 passport sized photograph
- Tourist visa application fee:
- Single entry – US$50.00
- Multiple entry – US$60.00
- Student visa:
- Completed student visa form H1 and H2 (signed by school principal)
- 4 passport sized photographs
- Valid work permit of parents living and working in Barbados (if applicable)
- Student visa fee : US$100.00
- Work permit and residence : (to be accomplished by hiring company or employer in Barbados)
- Work permit application fee: US$100.00
- US$400.00 additional after they are awarded authorization to work and be a resident of Barbados
- Applications can be sent to the following locations listed below. Interested individuals can also get in touch with them for inquiries and updates regarding travel to Barbados.
Consulate General of Barbados in Singapore
31B Kreta Ayer Road
Telephone: (65) 65572759
Fax: (65) 65572769
Barbados Tourism Authority Office in Sydney
1 Bligh Street,
Sydney, Australia 2000
Telephone: +678 (2) 9221-9988
Fax: +61 (2) 9221-9800
Barbados Immigration Department
Telephone: (246) 4261011
Fax: (246) 4260819
- Please submit original documents and photocopies. Applicants should also have photocopies of the original documents in the uneventful event of loss.
- All fees can be paid by postal money order or international bank draft only.
- Average visa processing times:
- Tourist visa – 2 weeks
- Student visa – 4 to 6 weeks
- Work permit – 6 to 8 weeks
- Official or Diplomatic passports holders are not required to pay visa application fees.