A country or territory has the right to demand travelers or foreign visitors to meet certain requirements before they are allowed to enter and stay in the country they are traveling to. These criteria may be in the form of visa, and travel, residency or work permits. A visa is needed for Philippine passport holders to be permitted to travel to the Republic of Benin. This is regardless of the reason for their travel to Benin, either for tourism or business. A Philippine passport holder may be given a 7 day visa or 30 day visa if approved, depending on the type of visa applied for. If they would like to stay in Benin for more than 30 days, they must apply for a visa extension or residence permit.
Requirements for visa application
- Completed visa application form
- Philippine passport (original and 1 photocopy)
- with more than 3 months validity for planned stay in Benin
- at least 2 blank pages
- 2 passport sized photographs (with signature and date at the back)
- Photocopy of travel reservations confirmation or round trip airline tickets
- Proof of vaccination for yellow fever and cholera
- For business travelers:
- Trip itinerary
- Proof of purpose of trip (Letter from company)
- Paid visa application fees (in Philippine peso)
- 7 day visa – €15.00
- 30 day visa – €30.00
- Fees can be paid by cash, in the equivalent value in Philippine peso.
- The Benin Consulate in the Philippines may not give an approved visa even if the application meets all requirements.
- Travelers to Benin must remember to have their passports stamped by Beninese immigration authorities when they exit Benin so as to avoid any future problems.
- Visitors who would like to extend their allowed stay in Benin may apply for an extension at the Immigration Service of the Ministry of Interior, Security and Decentralization in Cotonou, Benin’s capital. They must appear before the Immigration authorities before the expiry of their visa.
- For visa applications, inquiries regarding travel requirements and other questions, the Consulate of Benin in the Philippines can be contacted at:
Consulate of Benin in Manila
Suite 701, Dasma Corporate Center
321 Dasmariñas St.
Binondo, Manila 1000
Telephone: (+632) 244-5563 / 244-5564 / 244-5565
Fax: (+632) 2445566
Office hours: 8:30AM to 12:00NN
1:30PM to 5:30PM