Although foreigners from a number of commonwealth countries are not required to obtain visa for entering Botswana, this is not applicable to all countries. Philippine passport holders traveling to the republic of Botswana are required to obtain a visa before entering the country.
General Requirements for visa application:
All visitors entering Botswana must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months, except those with United Nations Convention travel documents.
- A Completed immigration supplementary Form D (Visa Form) by the applicant
- A Letter of support from the host
- Two (2) identical passport size photos
- Fee of P500.00 (around USD 72.00)
- Return visa or residence permit from his/her country of residence
- Return air ticket
- Confirmation letter from the country if the person is coming for business purposes
- 8. Proof of sufficient funds to finance stay
- Waiver from Labor and Immigration department
- Copy of acknowledgment slip for residence permit application
General Health Requirements:
- Compulsory Vaccinations: Yellow Fever (if coming from Endemic Country)
- Recommended Vaccinations: Hepatitis A and Tetanus
- Precautions: Malaria prophylaxis
Entry visas obtained at border posts are only valid for 30 to 90 days, although travelers may obtain extensions from any immigration office in Botswana. Visitors are generally not allowed to stay for more than 90-days in every calendar year, unless permission has been granted in the form of a waiver pending the outcome of a residence permit application.
If a person visiting Botswana wants to stay more than three months, he must apply before entering Botswana to the Chief Immigration Officer, P. O. Box 942, Gaborone,with telephone number (267) 361-1300.
Information gathered here are subject to change; travelers are encouraged to contact The Embassy of the Republic of Botswana to obtain consular assistance and further consular information and confirmation:
Embassy of Botswana in Chao Yang District, Beijing
Unit 811, IBM Tower Pacific Century Place # 2A
Chao Yang District
Telephone: (86 10) 6539-1616
Fax: (86 10) 6539-1199
The Chief Immigration Officer, PO Box 942, Gaborone, Botswana
Telephone: (267) 361-1300.
The Botswana Embassy
Avenue de Tervuren 169
1150 Brussels, Belgium
Telephone: (32) 02-735-2070
Fax: (32) 735-6318