Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
People who want to travel to another country or territory will often be required to get a visa before their planned trip. It would be wise to check with the embassy or consulate of the country they would like to go to and check if there are any special documents or requirements that would need to be submitted in order to be given a visa or be given permission to travel to that country. There are some countries which do not ask particular nationalities or passport holders of other countries to get a visa in order to be permitted to enter their territory.
Philippine passport holders can travel to the Co-operative Republic of Guyana if they have a valid passport and a Guyanese visa. A visa is required for people who will go to Guyana as tourists or on business trips. The duration of the visa that will be given will depend on the length of stay they applied for.
In order for a Philippine passport holder to obtain a visa to Guyana, they must apply for it through the Guyanese Consulate in Japan. They can send their visa application by registered mail. If they do get an approved visa to travel to Guyana, this does not give them a guarantee that they will be permitted to enter the country once they arrive there. They will still need to pass the scrutiny of Guyanese Immigration officials. Once in Guyana, travelers must remember to comply with local laws and not overstay the permitted time given to them to stay in Guyana. They will be arrested and deported if caught.
Visa application requirements
- 2 copies fully accomplished visa application form
- Philippine passport (valid for at least 6 months)
- 2 passport-sized photographs
- Proof of sufficient financial means while in Guyana
- Travel itinerary or airline tickets/reservations
- For business visa : invitation letter from host company or organization
- Visa application fees:
- Tourist visa: US$30.00
- Business visa: Single Entry – US$40.00, Multiple Entry (3 months) – US$50.00, Multiple Entry (1 year) – US$75.00
- All applications and documents are to be sent by registered mail to the Consulate of Guyana in Tokyo, Japan.
- Fees are to be paid by postal money order.
- Visa processing can take anywhere from 2 weeks to six weeks, depending on Guyana Immigration offices approval. Applicants must also make sure to submit their applications with complete requirements to prevent any further delay
- Applicants are also advised to apply for a visa before making any accommodation reservations in Guyana.
- The Guyanese Immigration, Embassy or Consulate may ask an applicant for an interview if they find the need for one.
- Applications are to be sent to the Consulate of The Co-operative Republic of Guyana in Japan. The Consulate may also be contacted for more information about requirements and other details about travelling to Guyana.
Consulate of Guyana – Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo, Japan 150-0001
Fax: 81-3-3406-5575VN:F [1.9.18_1163]VN:F [1.9.18_1163]