United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) or more commonly known as North Korea is a country found on the southern part of China and Russia. It shares the Korean peninsula together with South Korea. North Korea has a communist military state run by their leader Kim Jong Il.
Visitors or travelers who would like to go to North Korea need to apply for a visa in order to be allowed entry into the country. This includes Philippine passport holders. Since there is no North Korean embassy or consulate in the Philippines, the only way Philippine passport holders can get a DPRK visa is by applying at the DPRK Embassy in Beijing. They can apply for DPRK visa on their own or join one of the North Korean tours offered by tour agencies and companies. These tour agencies can apply for a North Korean visa for the Philippine passport holder. This option is said to be the easier and better way to get a DRPK visa.
If a Philippine passport holder wants to travel to North Korea, they must also secure a Chinese visa, since they will only be able to enter North Korea through China. They will also have to get a visa from the DPRK visa in Beijing, And most, if not all tours to North Korea originate from Beijing in China. They must get a double entry Chinese visa since they will be exiting to China after leaving North Korea.
Requirements for Chinese visa
- Philippine passport (valid for 6 months, +1 photocopy)
- Completed visa application form (form A and form B must be printed back to back)
- For first time applicants:
- NBI clearance for travel abroad (original)
- certificate or statements of bank accounts (original)
- Letter of employment, company ID,
- SSS and BIR ID
- most recent income tax return
- School ID (for students)
- Old or previous Chinese visa if available (only visa stickers accepted)
- Paid visa application fee:
- Single entry – PhP1400.00
- Double entry – PhP2100.00
- Chinese visa applications can only be submitted personally or by a representative. Representatives must have an authorization letter from the applicant and a valid ID. Applications by mail will not be processed.
- Chinese visa processing is usually processed in 4 days. There are express services available for an additional amount.
- next working day release – +PhP1700.00
- third working day release – +PhP1100.00
- Applications for Chinese visa may be submitted to the Consular Section of the Chinese Embassy in Manila.
Consular Office, Chinese Embassy – Manila
- For any updates on Chinese visa and travel requirements:
4896 Pasay Road
Telephone: (+632) 844-3148
Fax: (+632) 843-9974
- Tours to North Korea are offered by tour agencies such as the following:
- For individuals who wish to apply for a North Korean visa at the DPRK Embassy in Beijing, they may get in touch with:
The Embassy of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea in Beijing
No. 11, Ritan Bei Lu,
Beijing, China 100600
Telephone: (86-10) 65312-1186 / 6532-6639 (Visa Office)
Fax: (86-10) 6532-6056