A Panama Authorized Visa is a type of visa that needs approval from the National Department of Immigration in Panama. Consular offices cannot grant such a visa.
Philippine nationals are among those who are required to secure an Authorized Visa to enter and stay in Panama. Please note that the normal processing time may take up to 60 working days. Travelers are advised not to finalize travel arrangements until visa is granted.
Documents required for Authorized Visa application
- Valid passport, with at least 6 months remaining validity
- 1 Visa application form, duly accomplished and signed
- Copy of previous visa or permits approved by the Panamanian authorities (if applicable)
- 3 2×2 photographs
- Copy of flight reservation with itinerary from travel agent
- Proof of sufficient fund: at least US$500 or credit card
- Bank statements, at least for the last 3 months
- Credit card statements, at least fort the last 3 months
- Certified bank cheques with the applicant’s name
- Traveler’s cheque with the applicant’s name
- Income tax return from the previous year
- Proof of income accepted by the National Service for Migration
- Private or Public Entity: Letter from employer with receipt of last paycheck
- Retired or Receiving Pension: document that indicate pension with last receipt
- Student, at least 18 years: certification from academic institution indicating field of study and academic period
If applicant is invited by a Panamanian resident
- Valid copy of cedula
- If person is foreigner: temporary or permanent resident card or cedula and a photocopy of general information on passport
- Photocopy of utility bill with resident’s address
Visa Fee: US$ 50.00
Visa requirements are subject to change without prior notice. The Department of Immigration in Panama may request for additional documents when deemed necessary.
For inquiries, you may contact the Embassy of the Republic of Panama in Makati, Philippines.
The Embassy of the Republic of Panama
11/F National Life Insurance Building
6762 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Telephone: (63-2) 338-5811 / 892-6601
Fax: (63-2) 338 8841