Filipinos intending to travel to Romania, a country that is party to the Schengen Agreement, must first obtain a visa. This requirement applies whether the purpose of the visit is for tourist, business, employment or study.
Citizens of the Philippines would have to apply for a Schengen visa if:
- Romania is the main destination (Filipino traveler will spend the most time in Romania), or
- Filipino visitor is spending the same amount of time in several Schengen countries with Romania as the first port of entry in the Schengen region.
General Requirements – Schengen Visa:
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the expiry date of the visa being applied for. The original, as well as a photocopy of each page, must be submitted.
- 2 recent passport-size photos.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed application form.
- Detailed original flight itinerary indicating arrival and departure date.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means (recent original bank or credit card statements).
- Travel health insurance.
- Confirmed hotel reservation.
- Immigration officers reserve the right to ask for additional documentation when deemed necessary.
- Underage children cannot apply for a visa. Both parents must fill out and sign the application form for their children before the Consular Officer.
This information is subject to change without prior notice. For further details on Romanian immigration requirements, Filipinos are advised to contact: