Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
Filipinos intending to visit Sweden are required to obtain visas well in advance of their planned departure from the Philippines. An agreement between the Governments of Sweden and Switzerland entered into force on April 5, 2010 that the Embassy of Switzerland in the Philippines will represent Sweden for the issuance of Schengen Visas to Filipinos. All visa applications for Sweden are to be submitted by personal appearance to the Embassy of Switzerland in Manila. Visa applications are accepted on appointment basis only. However, if the duration of stay in Sweden will exceed 3 months, and/or the purpose is for employment, marriage or family reunification, the application must be directly lodged with the Consulate of Sweden in Manila. Addresses and contact numbers are provided below.
General Requirements – Tourist Visa:
- Fully accomplished and duly signed Schengen Visa application form. Please write in block letters using black or blue ink only.
- 2 identical, clear, colored passport-size photos with white background. Must not be more than 6 months old. Do not staple the photos to the form.
- Philippine passport. This must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the visa duration being applied for and contain at least 2 blank pages.
- Photocopy of valid Philippine passport, as well as old passports (inside front cover containing personal information and photo; inside back cover containing “Important Reminders”, signature and other passport information).
- Photocopy of all visas, valid and expired.
- Computer printout of confirmed roundtrip air travel reservation. The Embassy advises against purchasing airline tickets before the visa is issued.
- Detailed daily itinerary of the planned trip to Sweden.
- Proof of accommodation: Booking confirmation/reservation including the complete name and contact information of the hotel with hotel voucher.
- International travel insurance: Coverage of at least 30,000 Euros.
- For employees: Certificate of employment indicating leave of absence from the local company or organization showing applicant’s position, hiring date, salary and date of return to work.
- For self-employed: Proof of business (SEC/DTI registration, income tax return, financial statements).
- For students: Proof of enrollment, leave of absence from school (if traveling within the school year).
- For persons traveling with spouse and children: Marriage contract and birth certificate of children.
- Proof of financial means to support the duration of stay in Sweden: Latest bank statements reflecting cash flow from the last 3 months, bank books, latest international credit card statements.
- Income tax return.
- The Embassy will not accept and process incomplete applications. Please ensure that all necessary documents and fees are on hand when applying.
- Applications must be done in person; however, appointments have to be scheduled and confirmed in advance by contacting the Visa Hotline at (632) 757-9000 (then press 1). The Visa Hotline is available Mondays through Fridays, from 8:00am to 9:00am.
- The Embassy reserves the right to ask for more information and additional documents as deemed necessary.
- Visa processing and issuance takes 12 days to 8 weeks after the date of filing.
Visa Processing Fee:
The visa processing fee is only payable in cash. The exact amount in Philippine Pesos must be prepared.
- Adults: 60.00 Euros / PHP 3,700.00
- Children 6-12 years old: 35.00 Euros / PHP 2,200.00
The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice. It is the Filipino traveler’s responsibility to verify the visa and entry requirements and fees before making travel plans to Sweden.
Consulate General of Sweden
6/F First Maritime Place
7458 Bagtikan Street
San Antonio Village
Telephone: (632) 896-1160 / 896-1261
Fax: (632) 896-0194