Switzerland is a party to the Schengen agreement. As such, Filipinos are required to obtain visas well in advance of their planned travel.
General Requirements – Schengen Tourist Visa:
- 1 fully accomplished and duly signed Schengen visa application form. Please write in block letters using black or blue ink only.
- 2 identical, clear, colored passport-size photos with white background. Must not be more than 6 months old. Do not staple the photos to the form.
- Philippine passport. This must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the visa duration being applied for and contain at least 2 blank pages.
- Photocopy of valid Philippine passport, as well as old passports (inside front cover containing personal information and photo; inside back cover containing “Important Reminders”, signature and other passport information).
- Photocopy of all visas, valid and expired.
- Computer printout of confirmed roundtrip air travel reservation. The Embassy advises against purchasing airline tickets before the visa is issued.
- Detailed daily itinerary of the planned trip to Switzerland.
- Proof of accommodation: Booking confirmation/reservation including the complete name and contact information of the hotel with hotel voucher.
- International travel insurance: Coverage of at least 30,000 Euros.
- For employees: Certificate of employment indicating leave of absence from the local company or organization showing applicant’s position, hiring date, salary and date of return to work.
- For self-employed: Proof of business (SEC/DTI registration, income tax return, financial statements).
- For students: Proof of enrollment, leave of absence from school (if traveling within the school year).
- For persons traveling with spouse and children: Marriage contract and birth certificate of children.
- Proof of financial means to support the duration of stay in Sweden: Latest bank statements reflecting cash flow from the last 3 months, bank books, latest international credit card statements.
- Income tax return.
- Applicants are responsible for carefully fulfilling all the application guidelines. Please ensure that all the necessary documents are on hand. The Embassy will not accept and process incomplete applications.
- Applications must be done in person; however, appointments have to be scheduled and confirmed in advance by contacting the Visa Hotline at (632) 757-9000 (then press 1). The Visa Hotline is available Mondays through Fridays, from 8:00am to 9:00am.
- The Embassy reserves the right to ask for more information and additional documents as deemed necessary.
- Visa processing and issuance takes 12 days to 8 weeks after the date of filing.
Visa Processing Fee:
The visa processing fee is only payable in cash. The exact amount in Philippine Pesos must be prepared.
- Adults: 60.00 Euros / PHP 3,700.00
- Children 6-12 years old: 35.00 Euros / PHP 2,200.00
The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice. It is the Filipino traveler’s responsibility to verify the visa and entry requirements and fees before making travel plans to Switzerland.