Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
In general, Philippine passport holders are required to obtain visas before traveling to Taiwan. Exempt from this rule, however, are Filipinos holding valid visas or permanent resident cards for USA, Canada, Japan, UK, EU Schengen, Australia and New Zealand. Additionally, they must not have been employed as blue collar workers in Taiwan before and are only permitted to stay in Taiwan for 30 days.
Filipinos who are qualified to travel to Taiwan visa-free should register their passports and personal data online at https://nas.immigration.gov.tw/nase/ to apply for approval. Upon obtaining approval, they must then print out the Authorization Certificate and present it to the airline counter when checking in. Those who arrive at a Taiwan airport and are unable to show valid visas or permanent resident cards for the above-mentioned countries will be refused entry into Taiwan.
General Requirements – Visitor and Business Visa:
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form. Applicants should indicate N/A for fields that are not applicable.
- 2 colored passport-size photographs on white background. Photograph should have been taken within the last 3 months.
- Philippine passport with remaining validity of at least 6 months beyond the duration of visa being applied for.
- Old passport showing previous travels, if applicable.
- Birth certificate issued by NSO.
- Marriage contract issued by NSO, if applicable.
- Supporting documents related to the purpose of visit:
- Confirmed round trip airline tickets or booking confirmation from travel agent.
- Certificate of employment and letter of permission from employer granting leave of absence.
- Financial statements (Income Tax Return, bank book or bank statements, etc.).
- For business purposes:
- Business letter or trading records with Taiwan Company.
- Certificate of Business Name Registration (DTI) and SEC Registration (if owner of the company).
- Invitation letter from company or organization in Taiwan in company letterhead clearly detailing the purpose and duration of applicant’s visit.
- Official letters or request letters from relevant authorities for official trip.
- Seminar program, if applicable.
- Certificate of Employment, Professional Identification, Company I.D.
- Other supporting documents, as needed (SSS contribution, pay slips, etc.).
- Non-refundable visa fee.
- All original documents submitted along with the application should be accompanied with photocopies each. Copies cannot be made inside the premises and TECO reserves the right to keep documents submitted to them.
- TECO reserves the right to ask for additional documentation as deemed necessary.
- The applicant will be scheduled for an interview as deemed necessary by TECO.
- Processing usually takes 3 working days but expediting is possible, for a fee.
Visa Processing Fees:
The visa processing fees are payable upon lodging of application at TECO.
- Single entry: Php2,400.00
- Multiple entry: Php4,800.00
Expediting Fees (1 working day processing), to be paid on top of above-mentioned fees:
- Single entry: Php1,200.00
- Multiple entry: Php2,400.00
The information gathered here are subject to change without prior notice. Filipinos are responsible for obtaining the most up-to-date visa requirements for Taiwan before making travel arrangements.
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office
41F, Tower 1, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Telephone: (+632) 887-6688
Fax: (+632) 887-7679