United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
Philippine passport holders need visas when traveling to Tanzania. Since there is no embassy or consulate office for Tanzania in the Philippines, Filipinos may travel to Tanzania and obtain their visas upon arrival provided that they carry all documentations required for visa processing. However, it is recommended that Filipinos lodge their visa applications through the Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania in Japan. This is the office in charge of all diplomatic activities between the Governments of the United Republic of Tanzania and those of Japan, Australia, the Republic of Korea, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand and the Philippines.
- Philippine passport with 6 months remaining validity beyond the expected date of departure from Tanzania and 2 blank pages.
- 1 fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- 1 passport-size photograph (4.5cm x 3.5cm).
- Photocopy of return ticket or flight confirmation slip.
- For business purpose: Letter of recommendation from company in the Philippines or invitation letter from counterpart in Tanzania.
- For postal application: A prepaid self-addressed and stamped envelope.
- Non-refundable visa fee.
- The Embassy will not be held responsible for any loss of documents for applications sent by post.
- Visa processing for applications of those residing outside of Japan usually takes 14 working days.
- The visa application form should be completely filled and relevant supporting documents as well as correct fee should be enclosed to ensure prompt processing of applications.
- Visas for research and journalism or filming will only be granted after the applicant has obtained the necessary permits from the Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH).
Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology（COSTECH）P.O. Box 4302, Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road
Kijitonyama (Sayansi )
COSTECH Building Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Telephone: 255-22-2700745 / 46
Fax: 255-22-2775313 / 4
Tanzania Information Services (Maelezo)
Dar es Salaam Tanzania
Telephone: 255-22-211-0585 / 22-212-2771 / 22-211-2860
Fax: 255-22-222-3814 / 22-211-2850
Visa Processing Fees:
- Holiday and ordinary visa: ¥6,000
- 3 months multiple entry visa: ¥6,000
- Multiple entry visa for 1 year: ¥12,000
Method of payment of the fees should be confirmed with the Embassy.
The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice. Filipinos intending to visit Tanzania should obtain the most current visa and entry requirement from the Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania well in advance of planned travel.
Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania
Telephone: (+81) 03-3425-4531
Fax: (+81) 03-3425-7844