Filipinos are required to obtain visas when traveling to the United Arab Emirates. Visa applications can be lodged through the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Manila, Philippines (contact information provided below).
General Requirements – Visit Visa:
- 2 fully accomplished and duly signed visa application forms. Answers must include the particulars of the Sponsor/Host in the UAE and Residence Address where the applicant will stay in the UAE. The Sponsor/Host must be based in the UAE.
- Signed, original Philippine passport with validity of at least 6 months from the proposed date of arrival in the UAE.
- Copy of the valid Philippine passport.
- 2 original passport size photographs.
- Invitation letter from host in the UAE:
- If visiting an individual: The letter must include, in detail, clear invitation to visit; full name of host; relationship between the applicant and host; residence address and telephone number of the host; acceptance of responsibility for applicant while they are in the UAE; estimated duration of visit and reason for staying that long.
- If visiting an organization: The letter must be in official letterhead and include clear invitation to visit; organization name; acceptance of responsibility for applicant while in the UAE; name and telephone number of the applicant’s point of contact within the organization.
- If visiting an individual: Copy of the host’s passport and copy of the host’s residency permit in the UAE.
- If visiting an organization: Copy of the organization’s business license in the UAE.
- Employment letter:
- For the employed: Letter from employer, on company letterhead, stating the applicant’s position in the company.
- For the self-employed: A copy of the business license.
- For the retired, homemaker or student: Letter from the applicant’s bank stating that they are in good standing.
- Cover letter from the applicant detailing the following:
- Reason for staying that long in UAE
- Specific request for the visa
- The Consul reserves the right to ask for additional supporting documents when deemed necessary.
- Visa fees are to be determined by contacting the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Manila, Philippines.
Alternately, Etihad Airways, in conjunction with TT Services and MC Travel Corporation also process online visa applications for all Etihad passengers traveling to the UAE from the Philippines. Filipino citizens can now apply for a visa for the UAE by visiting http://www.ttsuaevisas.com/. Applicants have the option of applying by mail, in person on online. PayPal transactions will be utilized for online visa fee payments.
Applicants can find below the mandatory visa requirements when obtaining a visa through Etihad Airways.
General Requirements – Visa through Etihad Airways:
- Colored copy of the Philippine passport pages containing details of applicant’s Full Name, Nationality, Date and Place of Birth, Passport number, Date of Issue and Expiry. The applicant’s Philippine passport must be valid for at least 6 months at the time of proposed travel.
- 4.3cm x 5.5cm colored photograph showing at least 80% of applicant’s face, on white background.
- Confirmed roundtrip Etihad Airways ticket traveling to Abu Dhabi.
- Visa application form, fully accomplished online.
- Proof of sufficient funds.
- Letter from employer: Stating applicant’s salary/income, job description and number of years of employment or;
- Bank letter: Letter from applicant’s bank confirming financial stability and capability for travel to the UAE;
- Credit card copy: Photocopy of a major reputable Credit Card belonging to the applicant confirming the Credit Card number and the expiry date.
- Non-refundable visa fee:
- Visit visa (90 days): Php14,065.00
- Tourist Visa (30 days): Php3,350.00
- 96 Hours Transit Visa (96 Hours): Php2,325.00
- Entry permit (14 days): Php4,685.00
- Optional additional documents (might speed up visa processing time):
- Previous UAE entry/exit stamp in the pages of applicant’s passport in the last year, if applicable.
- Invitation letter from family members in the UAE, copy of their passports, and Valid Residence Visa copy of the host.
- Copy of visa or travel proof if the applicant has traveled at least once in the last 5 years to, or holding a valid visa for countries such as the USA, UK, Schengen countries, European Union, Australia, New Zealand, Russia and Canada.
- If applying by mail: Once the documents and application have been received, the applicant will be sent an email receipt with their document tracking number which they can use to track the status of their application through the website. Applications sent by mail can take up to 6-7 business days to process from the date of receipt.
- All who choose to lodge visa applications through the website are strongly advised to read the terms and conditions before lodging the applications.
- The issuance and approval of a visa is solely regulated by the Government of the United Arab Emirates. Etihad Airways will sponsor the guest application. The onus is on the applicant to fulfill the eligibility conditions.
- The issuance of a visa or approval of the visa application is not a guarantee of a right to enter the UAE. The immigration officer at the port of entry reserves the right to allow or refuse entry to any visitor to the UAE.
- Etihad Airways and TT Services will not be held liable in case of denial of visa or refusal of entry into the UAE.
Filipinos are advised to confirm the above-mentioned visa regulations and application processes as they are subject to change without prior notice.
Embassy of the United Arab Emirates
2nd Floor Renaissance Building
215 Salcedo St., Legaspi Village
Makati City, Manila
Telephone: + 632 817 3906
Fax: + 632 818 3577