Filipinos require visas when traveling to Uruguay. This requirement is regardless of length of stay and is applicable for all purposes of travel. In some cases, visas must be used within 60 days from date of issuance. Extensions of stay for an additional 90 days can be applied for at the Immigration Office in Uruguay.
Those intending to stay longer than 180 days must apply for a Residence Permit.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- Philippine passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the arrival date in Uruguay.
- 1 passport size photograph.
- Photocopy of fully paid round-trip airline ticket or proof of purchase issued by travel agency or airline.
- Proof of purpose of visit to Uruguay:
- For tourist purpose: Letter indicating purpose of the trip, date of arrival and departure and length of stay.
- For business purpose: Letter from company detailing purpose of trip, nature of business to be conducted in Uruguay, travel dates.
- Non-refundable visa fee.
The Embassy of Uruguay in Japan and the Uruguay Consulate in Manila are responsible for handling inquiries and visa requests from the Philippines. The above-mentioned requirements may change at any time. Filipinos are advised to obtain the most up-to-date information before traveling to Uruguay.
Embassy of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay
No. 38 Kowa Building
9F, Room 908
Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0031
Telephone: (+81-3) 486-1888
Fax: (+81-3) 486-9872
Consulate of Uruguay
5th Floor, PCCI Building
118 Alfaro St., Salcedo Village
Telephone: (+63-2) 815-0625 / 815-0631
Fax: (+63-2) 816-3057