All foreign visitors are required to secure an entry visa prior to their arrival in Afghanistan. Entry visas are not obtainable upon arrival at Kabul International Airport. Philippine nationals who wish to acquire entry visas to Afghanistan may course their applications through the Embassy of Afghanistan in Tokyo, Japan.
- Completed application form, duly signed.
- 2 passport-sized photos, with one affixed to the appropriate box on the application form. (Photos must be recent and identical)
- Passport valid for at least 6 months.
- For employment, student or business visa: Letter of recommendation or guarantee from the company, entity or organization that is sponsoring the applicant’s trip, verifying intent and itinerary, as well as willingness to respect Afghan laws. Additionally, a certificate of employment or student registration certificate is required.
- For application by proxy: A letter of proxy.
- All press- and media-related visitors are required to register at the Media Relations Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Chahar Rahee Malek-Asghar, Kabul upon arrival in Afghanistan to acquire a letter of accreditation.
- Applicants are advised to make an appointment before visiting the Embassy.
- In most cases, once an application is submitted and is deemed complete and sufficient by a consular services officer, a visa will be issued the next operating day.
Visa Processing Fee:
The Embassy will not accept payments made in cash. Fees must be paid for using the inter-bank remittance system in Japanese Yen before submitting an application for visa, and be made to the account, as follows:
Bank: Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi
Branch: Yoyogi Uehara
Account Number: 0815303
Account Name: Embassy of Afghanistan in Tokyo Visa Section
Important Notice: Please indicate the full name of the applicant as the payer. Applicants are accountable for any service charge imposed by the bank. Agents can indicate the name of their agency as the payer. Please note that the original or a copy of the remittance receipt should be submitted together with the application.
Fees may vary depending on the length of stay:
- Japanese Yen 3,750 for up to 15 days
- Japanese Yen 7,500 for up to 30 days
- Japanese Yen 15,000 for up to 90 days
Please note that the rules and regulations for Visa entry to Afghanistan by Philippine passport holders are subject to change at any time.